Absolutley Oblivious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamasutra42

I just found this site today,and its the best thing in the world next to bungie.net. Im totaly doped out about Halo 3 comeing up soon. I would just like to go ahead and thank Sigma for giving the files our for the job. But I just want to ask plenty of questions. I have read most of all of every tut. on this site. But no were does it say what to use to begin the glueing process. Or does it even matter. I'm starting out with just basic paper scaled down to 8.5x11 paper size. So it should fit fine. But im worried about it just not holding together. Right now I want it to play halo in and just to have fun in for myself. Thats why im not using cardstock yet. I just want to take the paper one to school and show everyone what im starting. Because no one belives me. Then once everyone sees the paper helm. Then they will be like "Holy S^!* thats sweet." So plz im going to need help the entire way along my process. So if theres anyone thats willing to give me as much pataince as they can and give me all the steps that I need. All the materials, and where there avaliable to buy. That would just mean the world to me. So if theres anyone that would be willing to walk me through all the steps as I go along this wonderful process that would be great. I would like to have a paper helm done in about a week, and have the fiberglass one done by launch time. Again anyone willing to help plz do. It would be much abliged.

Right now I have all the pieces printed and cut out now im ready to fold and assemble. So what glue do I need? And is there an easy way to assemble it? (i.e. Like where to start at?)

This is just for the helmet nothing else.

first of all welcome, im fairly new too, but for real, witout cardstock its gonna look like crap. and youd find it difficult to get it to school without something happening to it. regular paper just has a hard time holding its shape.seriously buy a pack for like 5 bucks. you could make 6 or 7 helms out of a whole pack. probably an entire armor set. and its easy to work with.

and you dont need anyone to give you a step by step. its all in the stickies and searching.

MANY times hot glue is named as the adhesive of choice.

if you didnt find your answers you didnt readall the tutorials. trust me, everyone will tell you he same thing...."look at the pinned threads"

and you can buy everything you need at walmart

Hey I know I can get Cardstock at Walmart. But for my helmet I used a 80lb cardstock from school. Now if i go out to Walmart and get cardstock, would it matter if I got the 110lb cardstock.Or would there be a noticable difference? I have my helm, and ill post pics of it soon enough. But why in the front so heavy. I scaled it down to fit perfect. but yet it still wants to slide forward. So whats some problem solves for that. Would it be pillow stuffing. If so where do I buy that? And another question. If I did get a 110lb or even 80 pound cardstock would it run through my printer at home. Its a bottom feed printer. So it curves the paper upward. Will it work in there or. Do I need to print it on printer paper and take it to school o Color Copy it like I did my helm. My next to last question. Sorry im a uber noob at this. :lol: How long does it take to resin and fiberglass a helm and chest and backpack piece. Thats all I need done by midnight launch. I got a job at gamestop and they want me there to help hand out games. Whats the quickest cheapst way to make a visor for it all? and what kind of materials would I need? Thanks guys this site is just dope as hell.

110lb runs through fine and it holds its shape much better, and I've been using the lock tite super glue pen to hold everything together so far it seems to work. I started out just as a test doing the helm using regular paper and that sucker wouldn't hold it's shape if it were filled with foam.

tokage said:
110lb runs through fine and it holds its shape much better, and I've been using the lock tite super glue pen to hold everything together so far it seems to work. I started out just as a test doing the helm using regular paper and that sucker wouldn't hold it's shape if it were filled with foam.

Hey thanks. I just got a new printer and I didn't want to fuk it up. So I knew this placed would be the perfect place to ask. Thanks again. I hope to have my pics up ASAP...

Last edited by a moderator:
thisismadness2 said:
i would love to sdtay in touch witrh you in your whole process so if u have any Q?'s just pm me
Ok great. Here are 2 pics.
gallery_3147_51_1006786.jpg

gallery_3147_51_332004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back