Achilles Armor Sizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosimitysam

Hello all, I am a beginner at doing this kind of thing but so far I have enjoyed greatly. I downloaded the Halo 5 Achilles helmet and eagerly just printed it off without sizing, at the time I did not know. Well at the end of the build I came out with a very small helmet that fits my fist. So I adjusted the size of the helmet only to make it far too big. I am not sure what the proper way to measure my head is to insure a good fit and proportionate size to the rest of my body.

Hello all, I am a beginner at doing this kind of thing but so far I have enjoyed greatly. I downloaded the Halo 5 Achilles helmet and eagerly just printed it off without sizing, at the time I did not know. Well at the end of the build I came out with a very small helmet that fits my fist. So I adjusted the size of the helmet only to make it far too big. I am not sure what the proper way to measure my head is to insure a good fit and proportionate size to the rest of my body.
There are a few mathematic equations and formulas that are very simple and will help you perfectly scale the helmet, but if you want to get it as perfect as you can, most of us will highly recommend a program called armorsmith. You can make a digital mannequin of yourself and scale things to it.

Also if you want to play it extra safe and not jump into it, you can spend a little extra time when slicing the helmet and print out a frame to test out the size.
DSC_0253.jpg

If I remember correctly, helmets are usually around ~280mm in length

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back