action figure armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterthethinker

Member DIN
S386
Note to self . dont let me lose in a thrift store...

I was at goodwill at the kids toy section looking for NERF blasters to mod.
I noticed they have loas of Ken dolls there. And it Hit me ... I have all this scrap 3D plastic and I mean its scrap. 20 feet here 50 feet there . I can do a hand plate or fingers thats it.

Why not make a few sets of my fave armor for Dolls. Be it Ken or GI Joe .

plastic dip the body and use paint to make the undersuit. or use spray on bed liner . get that rubber effect .
3D print the armor heck a single Run could do a entire set with helm !.

So I wanna ask YOU the community what form factor should I use. as awkard as it pick up a ken doll ( I NEVER thought I would ever do this in my life ) . I suspect they are more common 2ed hand . and there unreaslitic hight ratio do look good for a faux spartan. * and Yes I could use a barbie for Commander palmer and vale ect *

Ill need to pick up said base and attempt to use my scanning app to make Ken or Joe as a 3D file . but LIke my full human suits its just the exact same scale steps.
as a bonus I dont have to deal with my limited print bed size as much ..
( I want My halo 5 spartan first ! then Ill do a RVB set . )

Any thoughts folks ?

Wow I never though about using old doll/ action figures to make halo figures
cool concepted

I * just * did a 3d capture with 123D catch from autodesk the pics are uploading.
the base I found today at goodwill was a luke skywalker figure.
I frankly Like the scale better too! of these things ,, its larger then mcfarlane but not * huge*
I ran some crude math . in 2 sets of prints I can do a entire set of armor .
any suggestions for my first attempt .

caboose? I do have a entire spool of blue PLA ..
and PLA can hold sharp deatails better then ABS

Attachments

• Luke-Skywalker-toy-collecting-12365703-452-603.jpg
    Luke-Skywalker-toy-collecting-12365703-452-603.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 195
  • halo_4_master_chief_techsuit_action_figure_by_kotobukiya_1.jpg
    halo_4_master_chief_techsuit_action_figure_by_kotobukiya_1.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 203
Well it looks like the scan failed . Kinda.. it ended up captureing my entire room and Luke was like 40 Polygons .... Out of half a Mil polys !

It looks old you might whant to check its value before destroying it and captain caboose for the win

It looks old you might whant to check its value before destroying it and captain caboose for the win

Just looked it up yea its rare

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 221
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 212

Just looked it up yea its rare

typically a lot of the value is for when it is with the original box, but it does seem to have all the accessories... so might still be worth something... it's a bit tricky with some of these things

typically a lot of the value is for when it is with the original box, but it does seem to have all the accessories... so might still be worth something... it's a bit tricky with some of these things
I agree with you complety
its just from what I know star wars figure are still worth a bit put of the box but this one might vary because it's box said it was a limited estion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back