Adams paint color

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8er4life

Im sooning to go buy spray paint then came acros Adams most recent armor it think. The one photo of him in a game stop with a MC poster over him. I looked at it and they look very much alike so if any one knows what color he used could you tell me?

i wouldnt think adam would tell us lol.Besides he uses paint then he has this black thing it just makes me confused.

gallery_1_159648.jpg

Oregano Green and black

Thats the pic. Thank you soo much Adam! And what brand of paint was it? Do i mix it and then paint or do i use the micro fiber cloth technique

Its made by rustoleum its under the American accents brand oregano you can find it at anyplace that carry's rustoleum brand.

Can someone list the products used?
American Accents Rustoleum Oregano Green
" " " Black

and?

And can someone put it on ebay, I can't find any in Canada :p

lol, I found only one shop who had it, but not my color. But this weekend, I'll call them to know if they can order some.

Spartan 161 said:
Its made by rustoleum its under the American accents brand oregano you can find it at anyplace that carry's rustoleum brand.

actually Lowes and Walmart stopped carrying Oregano colored spraypaint around here...i was so sad :(

iamyourcousin228 said:
What is the primer for in the begining? Is it a certain kind of primer or is there just that kind?

Adam used a gray primer i believe, i personally used a black one with his technique. Worked out good that way too.

Last edited by a moderator:
mines not very 3d will it still work? and doesnt have many linen and cracks. Can we use the weathering hammered thing on cardboard?

OK. Is a microfiber cloth like a sock. Can this work on card board very well if it doesnt have many overlaping things? I will try it and just try to get a decent color out of it. Ipwned di it so i am goin to try. ! last question, can i dab the cloth on card board or should i wipe it still? IM painting it when i get my helmet in so hopefully be done by next wekk some time. Will tell you how the paint went on not very detailed cardboard. I will do a layer of the green then stain it then go back and do a light grenn to give it a better look.

when i painted my helmet, i just used a normal sock, flipped inside out. let your paint totally dry before you do the sock method too. you can wipe, dab, scrape, man-handle and otherwise do whatever you want so long as you get the look you want. the automotive primer (when you are doing the wipe away method) gives you a few seconds of play before it dries so if you dont like what you did, just wipe it off and try it again.

so let the green dry then do sock method let dry and finally go back with green to get stained look? Do i have it right?

I think the primer is this

Oh Chuck I think when you said Oregano you meant this (Your 2 links are the same :p )

If I recall correctly in his video Adam also used this to drybrush the armour at the end

iamyourcousin228 said:
so let the green dry then do sock method let dry and finally go back with green to get stained look? Do i have it right?

Yeah. And if you choose to add battle damage to your piece, grab a cheapo house painting brush and some hammered silver spray paint and brush the paint on. But otherwise, thats the method i used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back