Adjusting IM backplate before or after rondo/fg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitz

Hi all,

I have my IM MVI chest plate resined and fibreglassed and it seems quite solid, but still a little flexible on the lower panels where you attach it to the back-plate.

The back-plate on the other hand has been put on a manniquin (Stealth's one based off my body size) and so far only resined with 2 coats on the outside.

I am going to try to rondo the inside, however I am worried that while the two parts seem to match up roughly on the manniquin (with a little force from me holding the backplate), whether will i be able to adjust where they join after i put in plastic backpack clips or will the backplate be so hard that it wont be move and crack / damage piece? I know you can heat up fibreglasses bits with a heat gun to give it some movement, how about rondo bits?

So when do most people put in the clips? Prior to bondoing the outside? at the end when its all bondo'd, sanded , painted etc?

I basically dont want to get to the final stage and go to add in the clips and find out the armor pieces dont align neatly and look horrible :p

/SorryForRambling

Thanks for any advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back