Airsoft .20G Proof Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPARTAN-094 said:
My piece only took about half an hour but the guns I play with would go through resin like you wouldnt believe some people wear bullet proof vests to play. Im looking at a cheap solution that can double as armor.

Oy, those must be super upgraded guns.

What FPS do you generally play around? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
LaughingCheese said:
Oy, those must be super upgraded guns.

What FPS do you generally play around? :eek:
400FPS at legal game limits but people sneak in some "hot" guns 500+ fps which draws blood and rips into BDU's :lol: you think thats bad, chipped teeth all the time! :cautious: Im lucky I havent had that happen to me because I play like a ghost shoot some rounds run like I have a helio on my @$$ and repeat. :)

just so you guys know, in the army, our body armor is made out of rigid porcelain plates. It can take about 3-4 bullets before the plates break apart. Kevlar vests will stop shrapnel and small gauge rounds from a distance, but you need those rigid plates to absorb the impact of rifle rounds.

resin and fiberglass will stop an airsoft BB, you dont need to make some ridiculous fiberglass and tape vest.

That fiberglass has no strength for your armor if it isnt resined, fiberglass itself is as soft as a blanket, you need to add resin for it to add as a support, even if it is fiberglass tape, it isnt adding much strength at all, a blanket itself is airsoft proof, so I'd say fiberglass itself would be too, but the shape of the armor wont hold, I can see it's already warped.

Is that printer paper?

1 layer of fiberglass and resin on the inside can stop many airsoft bullets, but I wouldnt recommend even using armor in airsoft or paintball, many people will agree you will ruin your suit no matter how many layers you used or if it is molded.

SPARTAN-094 said:
400FPS at legal game limits but people sneak in some "hot" guns 500+ fps which draws blood and rips into BDU's :lol: you think thats bad, chipped teeth all the time!

They should chrono guns before games then. :mad:

I think I knew about 400fps, but 500 is rediculous...

Im lucky I havent had that happen to me because I play like a ghost shoot some rounds run like I have a helio on my @$ and repeat. :)

Speaking of ghost, that would be a cool costume... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back