Airsoft+Armor=...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow1336

i was wonderin', will the armor (resin and fiberglass) stand up to a few (hundred) Airsoft rounds? Or will it dent?

We here at the 405th don't condone the making of armor PROPS for airsoft, paintball, etc, so you won't really be getting an answer.

And honestly, why would you want to put in hours upon hours into making your armor and run the risk of destroying it because you wanted to look cool for airsoft?

Lt. Buckmaster said:
Thats not the reason. Christ...

I was just wondering. Ya' know, like a freaking normal person would?

If it really concerns you that much you can try PMing a moderator, but I really doubt you'll get an answer much different from mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
just so u know it will dent it even with resin and fiberglass unless you use a strong cardboard not the normal stuff you find i meen like the hard cover binder cardboard just buy them and cut open the plastic binder cover it works i use it for airsoft armor u only feel a tiny sting but its hard to cut with sisors

Lt. Buckmaster said:
... I only got parts of that...

BUT! it was an Actual answer!

I'll try that!

well i didint use resin or fiberglass but it works great. i only know this becus i was going to make halo 1 marine armor for airsoft wars but i ran out lol only got the shin done. well good luck

hmmm, i was wondering this a while back, and to be honest it would be frickn sweet but you owuld have to put a lot of time into it to makesure it works, in my oppinion you should make a few tests of pepekura and all the materials, and do some target practice with the different materials and see which works best.although just recently ive been looking into the material of the paintball masks and i think they are ABS plastic, so if you find ABS plastic in liquid form and you make moulds of your armor that might work either way its gonna take alot of trial and error, time, and money but in the long run i think it would be worth it. just my two cents. dont say we didnt warn you though.

well i dont like your attitude one bit at all. i had a mis-scaled thigh the i tested my 400fps pistol on. it was a 25' shot on a fully glassed and bondo'd piece and it went right through. it doesnt work and its a waste of time.

that attitude will get you nothing but a bruised ego and a boot off this web site, especially if you do it to the wrong person.

As to the airsoft armor, all i have to say is drop it before this topic gets locked.

sorry to be a little mean, but theres no easy way to say it. :(

nynjamasta said:
that attitude will get you nothing but a bruised ego and a boot off this web site, especially if you do it to the wrong person.

As to the airsoft armor, all i have to say is drop it before this topic gets locked.

sorry to be a little mean, but theres no easy way to say it. :(

No, the first responder was being an uptight ass, and the second person looked illiterate.

In short, no, armor will generally not hold up to airsoft, paintball, or related shots. It may seem OK with a test fire or two and come out with a few dents, but your armor will become Swiss cheese in no time.

A longer explanation, however, shows that it is possible. Assuming that you have the room inside the piece to do so, you could add multiple extra layers of fiberglass to build up the strength of the armor. As well, you would most likely have to add extra fiberglass on the exterior of the armor, which would take away from the detail and resemblance of the armor. You would not be able to wear a regular motorcycle visor, and would instead have to substitute a see-through airsoft visor (unless there are tinted ones...?)

I would not recommend it, since most armor will limit maneuverability, but it's not completely impossible either. You can try, but I haven't heard of anyone going through with the idea

Make molds that you can pour steel into and your golden :) haha i kid, yeh any decent airsoft gone would be CRUSHER on fully pepped armor

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
You would not be able to wear a regular motorcycle visor, and would instead have to substitute a see-through airsoft visor (unless there are tinted ones...?)

if fully sealed, a motorcycle visor would be just as safe. there is a wide varitey of tinted paintball visors also. Im debating about which one i want to get cause my mask needs a new one.

hmmm i got an idea.... try the fiberglass and resin but at shapes of foamcore to the inside depending on the folds a nd such and then adda gabpfiller inbetween the foamcore peices... this should keep the detail and make its strong and stiff, just an idea, another factor you want to keep in mind is after alot of shots your paint will start chiping off like it got a sunburn so you might want to varnish it or something to protect the paint. and if you font know what i mena by foamcore i mean the whit boards with the foam in the center with 2 posterboards on the front and back, not that pink insulation foam. hope this is a helpful idea.

HAY EVERY ONE I THINK HE GETS IT NOW STOP IT!!!!!. yes it was kinda mean at firs but it wont help wen every one keeps righting mean-full stuff it isn't going to help his prop making. why cant u just drop it like seth0050 come-on be nice its his first time here.

but ya i tested the cardboard binder stuff and it worked really good.

Seriously, the only reason he got an attitude is because the first 2 people that replied had a snobby attitude. He asked a simple question for someone to answer, no reason to get anal about it.

one layer of fiberglassed backed by cardboard underneath will stop a .2g 6mm plastic projectile travelling at 320 feet per second at 15 feet.

-Use armor for airsoft? why... the armor would probaly not even be suited for combat in real life. You will have mobility issues and you'll sweat like mudha fugger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back