Airsoft+Armor=...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
seth0050 said:
hmmm, i was wondering this a while back, and to be honest it would be frickn sweet but you owuld have to put a lot of time into it to makesure it works, in my oppinion you should make a few tests of pepekura and all the materials, and do some target practice with the different materials and see which works best.although just recently ive been looking into the material of the paintball masks and i think they are ABS plastic, so if you find ABS plastic in liquid form and you make moulds of your armor that might work either way its gonna take alot of trial and error, time, and money but in the long run i think it would be worth it. just my two cents. dont say we didnt warn you though.

I just binged "liquid ABS". While sifting through the useless information about 6-pack abs, I found an article that said you had to melt down ABS in some sort of solvent. Once you accomplished making ABS armor, I think It would be great for airsoft as long as you added color to the ABS while it was in it's liquid form. Of course I'm still new to costume making and don't know if the color would come out right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Richie said:
Seriously, the only reason he got an attitude is because the first 2 people that replied had a snobby attitude. He asked a simple question for someone to answer, no reason to get anal about it.

It didnt seem that snobby to me. And even if it was, I dont think it was any excuse to be rude about it. All I was trying to say is that the MODs REALLY dont like airsoft topics.

I agree with phenry. http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15808&st=20&p=249426&#entry249426 Follow that link. Thats an ACTUAL MOD saying why.

hi guys, i know that this is quite an old thread but i was wondering if it was possible to make an ODST helmet for paintballing. And before my head gets bitten off by everyone here, couldnt it just be moulded over an existing paintball helmet(so i wont get hurt). It would have to be reinforced of course but the question is... Is it possible?

ODST Sgt Paintball said:
hi guys, i know that this is quite an old thread but i was wondering if it was possible to make an ODST helmet for paintballing. And before my head gets bitten off by everyone here, couldnt it just be moulded over an existing paintball helmet(so i wont get hurt). It would have to be reinforced of course but the question is... Is it possible?

Maybe.the helmet might be a little big. Welcome to the 405th.

You might want to click on the link from my last post, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back