Props Airsoft Assult Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guy I just finished resning my assult rifle and I wanted to convert it to a airsoft assult rifle. I just need to know what are good guns to use, or something like that. or if anyone could post a quick mini tutorial or explanation on how its done. or post a link to another thread already about this

If you're looking for a step-by-step tutorial on how to make one, I don't think you should be. Try experimenting, maybe look around for airsoft guns that would fit inside the AR, even if the magazine doesn't fit in the back. You can't expect to be spoonfed your information the entire way, propmaking is about improvising and using your head, not asking everyone for a tutorial on how to build things.

im gettin my neighbors airsoft gun tommorow and its a m4 or somethon like that. anyway i plan on dremmeling off parts, and somehow attaching it to the inside of my ar

The AUG magazine is either a little too far forward or back (I've got an AUG, and layed it over a cutout of the AR body.) - I don't remember which. The FAMAS is another good choice, even though it has the same magazine issue. Nobody will notice, though. A bullpup kit (Nobody makes them) for an M14 would probably be the best option. An M4 is a bad choice. Perhaps an L85.

Gooberz said:
The AUG magazine is either a little too far forward or back (I've got an AUG, and layed it over a cutout of the AR body.) - I don't remember which. The FAMAS is another good choice, even though it has the same magazine issue. Nobody will notice, though. A bullpup kit (Nobody makes them) for an M14 would probably be the best option. An M4 is a bad choice. Perhaps an L85.

Youve got a good point as a standard M4 is the standard for any type of M16 style assault rifle. Then again I've never dissected a airsoft one of these I only have build / teardown experience of an actual AR. Wish I could be more help. If you really want to refer to your project and get some really great info try an ACTUAL airsoft board. Most of them are super helpful with the questions that I had about airsoft, before I decided to just stay real munitions.

~Q~

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be hard if you're trying to fit an AEG (electric) gearbox into it. The standard Ver.2 and Ver.3 gearbox used in M4's and AUG's is at least 6 inches long, might be a bit longer. Then you got the add the magazine in front of that, an extra 2.5 inches. I tried thinking how I would make an airsoft battle rifle using the common and special gearbox versions and non of them would really fit. Most would be too long requiring you to extend the stock, which would mess with how far out you hold the gun.

If you got some dimensions of your rifle (specifically for the stock) I can see if there's any gearboxes out there that may fit. You might be able to squeeze a small, lower powered gearbox from an automatic electric pistol (AEP), or the slightly large, but still small MP7 gearbox.

likes2snipe said:
You could always just try using a gas gun. No gear box and motor to worry about.

This. The Assault Rifle is supposed to be gas powered anyways, so it would be lining up with the Halo fiction ;p

Ender007 said:
It would be hard if you're trying to fit an AEG (electric) gearbox into it. The standard Ver.2 and Ver.3 gearbox used in M4's and AUG's is at least 6 inches long, might be a bit longer. Then you got the add the magazine in front of that, an extra 2.5 inches. I tried thinking how I would make an airsoft battle rifle using the common and special gearbox versions and non of them would really fit. Most would be too long requiring you to extend the stock, which would mess with how far out you hold the gun.

If you got some dimensions of your rifle (specifically for the stock) I can see if there's any gearboxes out there that may fit. You might be able to squeeze a small, lower powered gearbox from an automatic electric pistol (AEP), or the slightly large, but still small MP7 gearbox.

The gearbox problems could be solved by using mags that feed from the front, with a notch for the gearbox - Think of any V3 gun, notably the G36 series. There's a cutout in the mag (compared to the real steel) so it fits. I'm a regular on ASF, Arnie's, ASR, etc. I more or less know my stuff.

likes2snipe said:
You could always just try using a gas gun. No gear box and motor to worry about.

I'd suggest an NBB, an GBB would introduce a whole bunch of new problems.

Rawr. said:
This. The Assault Rifle is supposed to be gas powered anyways, so it would be lining up with the Halo fiction ;p

Not exactly...

Gooberz said:
I'd suggest an NBB, an GBB would introduce a whole bunch of new problems.

I agree it could bring some problems, but the benefits from having a functions of a gas blowback could be way beyond awesome. But what airsoft gun to consider???? OH Yes Full Auto would be very nice. I dont recall seeing any Gas rifles in the cheap range ( less than $100) , so I guess you might have to consider a taking apart a pistol ? I have seen automatic Mac 10/11s in gas if that's of any constellation. Although the handle would have to been custom fit and the mag altered quite a bit. The gas exit port is located on the back vertically.

EDIT : Here are a linky to an Airsoft gun SMG airsoft gun.

Also I found a link to another Forum review the airsoft gun above with a picture of it taken apart which makes a decent reference photo.

dscf01674ct.jpg

Linky to review of gun airsoft review

yeah thanks i dont exactly know how to take apart, then put back together an airsoft gun, but i will definitly try. would taking one apart decrease its fps, i dont have the slightest idea. and i will show you a picture of an airsoft gun that i already have, but if it is gonna be like an epic fail, let me know so i can get another one. and heres my assault rifle shell it needs to be fiberglassed, but it is ready.

I used to be an airsoft mechanic, perhaps I can help. You're going to want an automatic electric gun (AEG), there aren't any good full-auto gas guns that aren't stupidly expensive last I checked, and the semi-auto ones are high maintenance, low capacity, and incredibly hard to modify (and the gas ain't cheap, either). The good things about electric airsoft guns is that you really only need 3 parts, and they can all be taken out separately and usually easily. A gearbox (which houses a motor and an air piston to propel the BBs, these are self-contained, and you can use one straight out of another gun), a magazine and feeding mechanism (also can be taken out of another gun), and a barrel (same deal). The main problem you're going to encounter is that the gearbox is the size and shape of a small pistol, and pretty much always has to be directly behind where the magazine feeds into the barrel for the magazine to load BBs successfully. Some are smaller than others, but all are based on a few templates. It's pretty self-explanatory, but if you'd like a more detailed guide, let me know.

to be honest, your not going to be able to use any airsoft assult rifles in a unsc AR, the magazine receiver practically takes up all space for a mechbox to be set.

your best chance is using a pistol

Flyerfye said:
I used to be an airsoft mechanic, perhaps I can help. You're going to want an automatic electric gun (AEG), there aren't any good full-auto gas guns that aren't stupidly expensive last I checked, and the semi-auto ones are high maintenance, low capacity, and incredibly hard to modify (and the gas ain't cheap, either). The good things about electric airsoft guns is that you really only need 3 parts, and they can all be taken out separately and usually easily. A gearbox (which houses a motor and an air piston to propel the BBs, these are self-contained, and you can use one straight out of another gun), a magazine and feeding mechanism (also can be taken out of another gun), and a barrel (same deal). The main problem you're going to encounter is that the gearbox is the size and shape of a small pistol, and pretty much always has to be directly behind where the magazine feeds into the barrel for the magazine to load BBs successfully. Some are smaller than others, but all are based on a few templates. It's pretty self-explanatory, but if you'd like a more detailed guide, let me know.

my neighbor is giving me his gun in the morning, and id definitly love to know more. i was planning on taking the shell off of his gun and rearanging every part into my shell. but not now. if you could give me a little more detailed guide, id be much apreaciated. and his gun is a (AEG). ill be posting progress pics in this thread very often if i could get a more detailed guide. and im not to worried about magazine placement either. i can deal with it just about anywhere.

I'm not gonna lie, that looks like the lowest of low quality airsoft guns out there. BUT, it's not a lost cause yet. Start disassembling, my friend! Follow the barrel back past where the magazine goes in and there should be a box (with gears!) that the trigger and battery wires are attached to. Everything important is in a line there, barrel, magazine assembly, and gearbox. Pull those out and we'll see what we're working with. Although, your magazine is likely going to either have to be built into the gun, or in a totally incorrect spot (forward of the trigger / grip). And don't worry, all that extra weight is cheap scrap iron they put in there to make it heavier (seriously).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back