Props Airsoft Assult Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
[attachment=11997:kkk 008.JPG][attachment=11991:173.JPG]ok i am dissasembleing now i also have this gun, it has a rear positioned clipi finished opening it up, here are pics

Sweet, looks like you got the important parts out. Now... all you need to do is mount those in your AR somehow. I've never attempted something like this before, so all I can suggest is that you make sure everything is aligned and stays aligned. I don't think there are any established methods for this... might be a trial and error thing. Good luck, let me know if there's anything I can help with!

Camofred said:
if you are going to get a 100+ gun than get a Famas. it would fully fit in a AR shell

I don't think the Assault Rifle Receiver and and stock would fit the gearbox and motor very well.

BTW Good luck on your Airsoft Assault rifle Adam

Edit: I made a quick ratio of how large the FAMAS is compared to the ma5c by overlapping, didnt take long, I made sure it was accurate enough though.

scale2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks likes2snipe but i already got an airsoft gun and took it apart. right now my neighbor and i are working on putting the parts in the assult rifle shell. harder than it looks): but its at least going good, turns out getting it to stay full auto instead of giong semi isnt easy, we had to jam some paper in the gearbox to get it on full auto. also workin on keepin the bateries and the wires all together, and the clip is unbelievebly confusing. any suggestions based off of my pictures would be much appreaciated. thanks for repying

likes2snipe said:
I don't think the Assault Rifle Receiver and and stock would fit the gearbox and motor very well.

BTW Good luck on your Airsoft Assault rifle Adam

Edit: I made a quick ratio of how large the FAMAS is compared to the ma5c by overlapping, didnt take long, I made sure it was accurate enough though.

scale2.jpg

I believe a famas is better suited to a BR than an assault rifle.

The FAMAS cant be used as a AR like in that Sketch, the V1 Gearbox begins at the Stock.

It works better for an BR, but you can try one of those Mini-AEGs with 0,08J too^^

Personally never tried this before but I am our teams gunsmith and personally I think that the best suited platform is an mp7, you lose the rear loading but spacial constraints would no longer exist, throw in a longer barrel, quite a bit longer, and call it good.

producer21 said:
Personally never tried this before but I am our teams gunsmith and personally I think that the best suited platform is an mp7, you lose the rear loading but spacial constraints would no longer exist, throw in a longer barrel, quite a bit longer, and call it good.

That's horrible. Not only is it non-bullpup, but the Mp7 isn't a very good base gun in airsoft. The constraints of an AEP gearbox make it less than feasible. The FAMAS shown higher up in this thread looks excellent, but be cautious of the size. Spartan sized, not necessarily human-sized.

Talk me down all you want, but have fun fitting the V1 Gearbox in there. And looking at it again, you could mod a P 90 to fit really easily were you to sacrifice the bullpup function. Again feel free to act like I have no clue what I'm talking about, I'm just giving other ideas that WILL work.

producer21 said:
Talk me down all you want, but have fun fitting the V1 Gearbox in there. And looking at it again, you could mod a P 90 to fit really easily were you to sacrifice the bullpup function. Again feel free to act like I have no clue what I'm talking about, I'm just giving other ideas that WILL work.

P90's not a bad idea. But you really have a lot of vertical space in the stock of the AR, I'm not sure how much more of a difference it'll make. I have a v6 sitting here but no AR to try and fit it in. Dang.

I honestly think the p90 would be the best platform for this project. The problem really lies in the design of the AR itself. Based on it's round caliber and magazine size, it would be impossible to have a bolt behind the mag. Since airsoft guns tend to be replicas of real firearms, you aren't going to find one that has proportions anywhere near the AR. Unless of course you consider using pistols as the base. I've seen a lot of custom guns done very well using a pistol platform even though its a long rifle.

Bottom line, in my opinion, if you have the money, get a P90 and go to work. If you want to use a FAMAS, build a BR instead.

i sugest an airsoft gun with a bull pup system (mag behind triger) they're hard to find, but some name brand or clone bull pups are ez to strip, and with the right amount of securing into your resin, it should work.

A V6 gearbox like the P90 uses would work fine - You have to remember the P90'd hopup feeds from the top though, you'd have to mod some other hopup system to fit. Or, buy a Thompson. Same gearbox.

The Thompson uses a V6 mechbox, but the motor extends down into the pistol grip,

unlike the P90 which has the motor mounted right next to the body of the mechbox,

similar to the V1 FAMAS mechbox.

Good luck with the project!

Hey dude,

Ive got alot of airsoft build experience (built 4 of my own guns essentially from scratch). I'd say you best bet would be a F2000 it looks similar to the MA5C anyway. Try overlaping it like you did with the FAMAS to see. The gun itself is easily stripped down and a shell added.

Although if you want it to be completely accurate then id say build the internals your self.

You'll need a bullpup STANAG (m4 style magazines) rifle such as the F2000, SA80/L85 somthing like that then take the internals out of it and see how they will fit inside your MA5C. The F2000/SA80 (get Army as its plastic) would easy to rip apart for th bits you want and install inside your MA5C.

You could also use a M11 SMG as they are very compact and it would be very easy to create a trigger mechanism (i have pics on how) and easy to creating mock up mags.

Also just to add a P90 will NOT work as it loads from the top not the bottom and trying to mod the gearbox to fire otherwise is very difficult if you want any power or range. Ive tried doing somthing similar and it failed due to airseal problems.

Hope it helps! Good luck!

i would say( not an expert) but try just attaching the gun somehow to the inside of the gun then make a barrel that will travel from the guns real barrel to the outside of the sr to make the barrel actually attatch to gun note this barel would be verylong looking a the size of the gun to how long the barrel would be of the ar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back