Alright, I'm really in need of Halo armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pav

Sorry if this isn't the right section, but my post count limits me posting this in the Marketplace. Anyway, the prices of the armor I keep finding is pretty expensive. The lowest I found is roughly $470 all asembled, and it's the Halo 3 Supreme Deluxe Edition armor.

I'm just looking for someone to 3D print out my armor files, only if it's cheap to print out. If you want to hand make me armor pieces, then it would have to be affordable for me to buy. if it would take a lot of time to hand make the pieces, then I don't want you going through the trouble if you're expecting like $700 for it. That's why I'm thinking someone that can 3D print armor pieces would do it since it doesn't take as much time compared to hand making them, but that's just what I think. Again, all I need are pieces of a full armor suit.

The armor style I'm looking for is Master Chief's armor. I've got the files if you want to 3D print them.

If you can either 3D print the armor or hand-make it, message me with the information regarding how much you'd charge me for it. If we can both agree on a price, then we can go from there depending on if you can 3D print the armor pieces or if you want to hand make them. Thanks! :)

It would probably be better for you to hand-craft your costume, if I'm honest. The expense of 3D printing, plus the difficulty most people encounter with getting their parts in scale with their bodies, means you're most likely going to be throwing a lot more money at this project than you might have initially bargained upon. Plus, you're going to have to account for the resources you'll use in getting your costume parts into a wearable state - it's not simply a case of throwing some 3D models at a printer and then wearing them like a cheap suit, you'll need to refine the raw prints and then reinforce them for wearing.

If you want people to make you armour, you're still looking at the same limitations, plus the expense required to ship you the finished pieces. Put simply: commissioning armour isn't economically feasible.

Read up on the resources we have here on the 405th, see which methods and processes for crafting your own set will best suit your budget, and then get started. It's far easier, and more rewarding, to craft your own costume, and I would strongly recommend against commission-built costumes for the reasons above.

Ive done a Full 3D printed Halo 4 Master chief.........
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=44801&page=5&p=740969&viewfull=1#post740969
plastic was around 250.... then add on the fiberglass to make it strong . and Loads of CA glue and catalist
In the end I spent about 450 for my suit.

And it takes Months !
600 ish hours in my case of print and build combined time

just a datapoint. I had considered shapeways to 3D print my suit . they would have charged near 4 grand to print a full set . chest alone was 1250

foam is much more forgiving .
And cost is a ton less for the mats.

Granted doing hand plates and glove parts and the like is trivial to print . I did a set for some one in a few days . print time was 10 H combined . .
the issues are not the plastic but time . Helmet alone was 40H of time on the bed........
If a clients part is on the bed others have to wait and Vis a Vis.

Just a heads up, if you want to try and and commission someone to 3D print, expect to pay A LOT of money if you are wanting something finished. 3D printed armor requires a bit of finishing work to make it smooth. I think it's safe to say that you will pay over $1000. Unless you want to do all the finishing work, it MIGHT be cheaper, but that also depends on who you go to. I personally do NOT know anyone.

Also, making it by hand using foam does go quicker than 3D printing armor pieces. If you want something of good quality, you WILL be paying $700+. If you are wanting something cheap, your best bet is to buy the licensed armor. You may not exactly find a high quality suit for that price. I charge $700 for a foam ODST, but that does NOT include a helmet. I am ONLY doing it for a good friend of mine since he lives by me and I am able to do test fittings during the build to ensure it fits just right to him and won't have any problems. :p

Just a few things to think about. ;)

Just to add into what everyone else is saying, armor making isn't cheap. Between my foam armor and pepakura helmet, all of the materials in my build have amounted to about $5-600 alone.... not to mention the hundreds of hours it took to create the armor. So $470 might not get you the most amazing looking armor, but it is definitely on the cheaper end of the spectrum for a completed suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back