Not open for further replies.

BeeBoy

RXO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S593

......Incoming Transmission......

To all Members,

In the past couple of months, the 405th Staff members have been working hard on improving the forum by making full on tweaks to it as well as improving user experiences. Alongside all these improvements that were being made, the Singapore Regiment logo was being developed as well as tweaked while going through a number of revisions to get it to fit the 405th logo guidelines. This could not happen without Asgardianhammer and the reviewing team for their hard work and support.

Today, I'm happy to present to you our official Logo and our logo inclusion into the Regiment Family:

We are officially the first Regiment in Asia, and I'm confident that definitely, it will not be the last.

We could and will be the torchbearers to encourage other Halo fans in Asia to come together to start their own Regiment. To have a 405th locally to give every member a 'Close to home' Armor building support as well as a place where everyone can bond as friends or make new friends while dwelling in the art and love for the franchise.

I would also like to take this opportunity to welcome the Current year's Singapore Regiment Staff members:

They will alongside myself work together to help out in the day to day operations in their free time :) So do hit up any of them if you require help or assistance.
For member related Issues you may specifically look for Carnivore but feel free to look for any one of us.

I would like to credit and thank PerniciousDuke for putting together the Officer plate as well as the map of Singapore for us. they looked superb.

On behalf of the Singapore Regiment Command team, we would like to thank you for joining us here in this hobby and journey. We hope your stay with us will and definitely be pleasant as we forge new friendship and armour together.

Oh and do remember to check out some of the other interesting threads here at the 405th and join in the discussion!

Majulah Singapura! ("Onwards Singapore" in Malay)

....End of Transmission....

Attachments

• 1556824837672.png
    1556824837672.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 373
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
Yup, definitely there will be in time to come.

For starters, what armour/costume you are looking to build and with what kind of material.

Maybe we could help you kick start those engines. :)

I'm going to do up a halo warrior cosplay . So far I'm only left with fibreglassing ,bondo and spray paint atm for the helmet . You know any place to buy bondo ah ? I might come down in the next two to three weeks to sg.

Meanwhile the torso , leggings , etc , I'm thinking of using eva foam this time thanks to lack of proper.

Edit : Internet kinda broke for a while and this msg didnt send till now lol

I'm going to do up a halo warrior cosplay . So far I'm only left with fibreglassing ,bondo and spray paint atm for the helmet . You know any place to buy bondo ah ? I might come down in the next two to three weeks to sg.

Meanwhile the torso , leggings , etc , I'm thinking of using eva foam this time thanks to lack of proper.

Locally we don't use Bondo, we use something similar called "Kansai putty" I will drop you a pm for that details.

i know the Bondo is

after i'm doing some research a long time ago, Bondo is kind a mixture from resin and putty (any kind of car body filler) (dempul i call it)
because my brother has made the mixture before i do the research, so i know that after he tell me, but he don't know what bondo is haha

hope it'll help

Bondo is a putty that need a hardener, kinda like 2 part epoxy glue but with different mix ratio . there's a premix putty and will air dry harden after a few hours depending on the thickness. Rondo is the what we call when we put Bondo (putty) mixed with fiberglass resin together. you get this kind of smooth slush mixture . not the easiest thing to work with. might as well just use normal putty and sanding instead of making rondo.

You know any place to buy bondo ah ? I might come down in the next two to three weeks to sg.
your profile says you are from Johor . go to any hardware store and look for Mercury Hitari 928 Poly Putty. its around rm28 for 1kg can with a tube of hardener. i used that for my fiberglass armor back in 2009. still using the same putty brand for other stuff.

Bondo is a putty that need a hardener, kinda like 2 part epoxy glue but with different mix ratio . there's a premix putty and will air dry harden after a few hours depending on the thickness. Rondo is the what we call when we put Bondo (putty) mixed with fiberglass resin together. you get this kind of smooth slush mixture . not the easiest thing to work with. might as well just use normal putty and sanding instead of making rondo.

your profile says you are from Johor . go to any hardware store and look for Mercury Hitari 928 Poly Putty. its around rm28 for 1kg can with a tube of hardener. i used that for my fiberglass armor back in 2009. still using the same putty brand for other stuff.

I actually had ordered one of those Mecury Hitari 928 for RM30 on lazada (terrible pricing tbh lol but long hours of driving to different jb and sg hardware shops to which surprisingly none had stock for the kansai putty BeeBoy mentioned and the hitari 928 that you mentioned , or maybe I ignored the right shops cous I cant park my thicc 11 seater mpv at some of the hardware shops location lmao .

Anyways the entire helmet eventually collapsed because I may have gotten the wrong resin ( 2 weeks under the sun and its not dried yet wtf , I followed instructions correctly ) . I am now in the process of rebuilding the helmet ( still in steady progress so far so good ) . But university started so things are about to get slow .

Anyways the entire helmet eventually collapsed because I may have gotten the wrong resin ( 2 weeks under the sun and its not dried yet wtf , I followed instructions correctly ) . I am now in the process of rebuilding the helmet ( still in steady progress so far so good ) . But university started so things are about to get slow .
fiberglass resin can harden within minutes and fully cured in less than an hour. doesn't even need to put it drying under the sun . what resin did you use

I'm not - prepping for possible drop on Day 2 of EOY19 instead, if the situation is favourable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back