Any Armor Builders In The Seattle Area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know of any possible research projects that relate to Video games, Armor, or Making Armor, etc?

I've been thinking like the History or Armor, or Video games and Gaming Communities, or something. It just can't involve weapons.

EDIT: Ok, so my current topic is: Real world applications of technology used to make video games.

That's a good one. I assume you're going to talk about flight sims and military training software?

Another one would be the influence of video games on real world technology. Like how Star Trek invented the idea of the mobile phone. Not sure there have been any notable cases of it with games, though.

@Flyerfye, More along the lines of the second one. I still need to do some research, but from what I understand there are alot of technological innovations that came from video games, including the work on A.I.s, 3D graphic imaging, Physics simulations, etc.

@Kolinrulz, Uhm, hi?

Why make a post if all you're going to say is "hi" ?

tenfingersofdoom said:
you think there would be more of us up here since bungie controls the world from here.

Ditto.

I have built a kit of vacu-formed Master Chief Armor before and i am trying my hand at the pep/fiberglass/bondo tecnique now. Cutting out the pep takes a lot of time. I'm no expert but i have a way with tools.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE: Ok so my project and Research topic got approved (YEAY!) So now I just need to secure a mentor (Cool!) and write the Research paper(Not yeay and not cool XD). Ok the topic is cool. But writing isn't. :p

Just updated the OP with the stuff about Mentors or "Field Advisors" from my Senior Class Info Book

Ok well I'm finally done with my Senior paper, It's all done and turned in.

Now I can get started on the armor.

Flyerfye, Slacker, either of you still available to mentor my project?

I know it's too cold to Resin, but I should probably start on the Pep models.

Could I meet with one of you and could you show me how to start building those?

Thanks,

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back