Any good ways of cutting out pepkura?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemretas

Well im starting a Plasma pistol just for practice, and I dont want to cut out all 8 bloody pages with some scissors. Is there any tricks or anything at all that will help the cutting process?

Um, no? If there were something easier and more efficient than scissors, why would people still use scissors?

"all eight pages"

Is eight pages supposed to be alot???? Well you're in for a rude awakening when you start the pieces like the chest and backpack. I printed like 34 sheets for that piece. The best thing to do, or at least what I did was this:

These are the tools you'll need to cut out the Pepakura pieces

First get your hands on some scissors like these

100_0892.jpg

The big ones are to cut out a rough shape of the image on the paper. I usually try to cut about 1-2 centimeters from the edge of the piece.

100_0893.jpg

Next you'll need something to keep you from getting drowsy and cutting off your left trigger and left bumper finger so you can still toss nades.

100_0894.jpg

Then you'll need some form of entertainment while you are cutting out the pieces. If a movie is not available then music will do (as long as it isnt Fall Out Boy or some other shitty band like that)

100_0889.jpg

This is an example of how I roughly cut mine out. It is to be followed up with the smaller scissors since theyre more presice and are easier to work with around small edges.

And now YOU can cut out Pepakura pieces too! :D

Acr1d said:
"all eight pages"

Is eight pages supposed to be alot???? Well you're in for a rude awakening when you start the pieces like the chest and backpack. I printed like 34 sheets for that piece. The best thing to do, or at least what I did was this:

These are the tools you'll need to cut out the Pepakura pieces

First get your hands on some scissors like these

100_0892.jpg

The big ones are to cut out a rough shape of the image on the paper. I usually try to cut about 1-2 centimeters from the edge of the piece.

100_0893.jpg

Next you'll need something to keep you from getting drowsy and cutting off your left trigger and left bumper finger so you can still toss nades.

100_0894.jpg

Then you'll need some form of entertainment while you are cutting out the pieces. If a movie is not available then music will do (as long as it isnt Fall Out Boy or some other shitty band like that)
100_0889.jpg

This is an example of how I roughly cut mine out. It is to be followed up with the smaller scissors since theyre more presice and are easier to work with around small edges.

And now YOU can cut out Pepakura pieces too! :D

Lol thanks, im just going to watch chicken run while I do it I guess...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah a scalpal/ hobby knife is best, its fast, if you have a steady hand you dont need a ruler and you end up with no messy scraps of paper left over afterwards. :D

Datahar said:
Nah a scalpal/ hobby knife is best, its fast, if you have a steady hand you dont need a ruler and you end up with no messy scraps of paper left over afterwards. :D
scalpal! hes only cutting card, anyway i just use scissors, theres only one better way i know, but i don't know anyone who has tried it with pepakura... laser cutter?

Last edited by a moderator:
Scissors. Its not that hard. Maybe an xacto for the odd cuts that are hard to get to.

ive found that the best way is to cut in straight lines. Dont try and cut one piece out all at once (when your done you basically have one big piece of trash) Since there are no curved edges in pep just cut one line at a time. When your done all your excess paper will look more like a pile of mulch instead of basically the opposite of what you cut out. When you have corners like ^ just cut one side then the other and just meet at the point instead of rounding it.

whoa i should try some of this stuff I found a pepakura Master Chief (13" tall) and i took 30 mins, a pair of Berol scissors and about 1/5th of the mask :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back