Any Pepakura armour pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemretas

When I say this, I mean the entire armour either put on or on a stand thats fully assembled MVI Spartan armour pepkura thats unpainted.
I know its a little precise, but I wish to see how my pepakura should turn out.
Few more questions though.

1.How long does it take to fully make the pepakura armour, as in hours total.
2.How much would it cost? With fiberglass cloth, resin, hardener, and the cardstock I own?
3.Is what I do is resin the outside layer for strength, then fiberglass the inside?
4.What grit sandpaper is best for hand sanding?
5.What do you guys use to measure the resin to mix in the hardener? I dont want to waste those measuring cups I have to that toxic sludge.
6.Can you sit down with the armour? Run around and such when fiberglassed?
7.Where can you buy that black suit you wear under the pieces thats NOT on the internet?
8.Same thing for the gold visor, where do you buy it thats not internet?

Frost, I remember your answers, im simply asking so I have more answers and have more choices.
Thanks guys for putting up with me so far.

1: It depends. If you're familiar with Pep, it shouldn't take that long to assemble all of your pieces together.
2: For an armor, fully resined, glassed and painted... I would say at leat $200.
3: Yes, the Resin is for strength, both inside and out. And the resin is also used to soak the fiberglass inside the helmet.
4: I am unfamiliar with the grit types over there in the US. Sorry.
5: Use an old plastic cup, fill it up with different measurements of water and mark the levels. (1 dl, 2 dl, etc)
6: When it's glassed, it should withstand the most. (Except a full swing with a bat, but I'm sure you can sit and run in it).
7: Not sure. Someone else might answer this.
8: Most biker stores.

I hoped this helps, and good luck with your armor!

[attachment=2039:IMAGE_00189.jpg]

heres a pic of un painted armor.... just resined

4:i used 40 grit for the rough quick sanding then worked my up to only like 120grit
2:$nly about 150
8:motocycle shop for visor.... then buy 1 of the raised stickers to give the double visor effect... cheep alternative
7:get some underarmor.... any spots store. Dicks, mc Sports Walmart... an army suply store might have a tac vest if thats what ur looking for...

hope i helped

1.How long does it take to fully make the pepakura armour, as in hours total.

It depends on what you want your outcome to be. So far, I spent six hours folding cardstock, another two resining the outside, two to fiberglass the inside, a half hour to trim off the extra fiberglass, and a half hour last night sanding it a bit. I'll need to do about six hours more work on it.

2.How much would it cost? With fiberglass cloth, resin, hardener, and the cardstock I own?

See my blog. I have a comprehensive item by item cost of what it's been so far. All I have left to buy is paint.

3.Is what I do is resin the outside layer for strength, then fiberglass the inside?

yes. if you fiberglass the outside, you will get funky texture

4.What grit sandpaper is best for hand sanding?

I bought a sanding sponge that is about 100 grit or so, and it's not gritty enough. Try more like an 80 grit to start, and then a 120 to finish it up and smooth out the scratches from the 80.

5.What do you guys use to measure the resin to mix in the hardener? I dont want to waste those measuring cups I have to
that toxic sludge.

I eyeball it. It seems to work fine. If it's cold, when in doubt use more hardener. It takes about forty five minutes in the cold to cure (on the outside to the touch)

6.Can you sit down with the armour? Run around and such when fiberglassed?

Im not sure yet, but everyone else says you can. As for running, I'de just make it thinner so it's easier to run or something.

7.Where can you buy that black suit you wear under the pieces thats NOT on the internet?

Anywhere. Target, Wal-Mart, Joe's (formerly GI Joes), Big 5, make one out of leather from the thrift store, craigslist (sometimes people give you stuff for free on there)

8.Same thing for the gold visor, where do you buy it thats not internet?

Any motorcycle or motocross store. If not, go to wal mart and buy a cheap helmet, take out the visor, and put gold film on it. christmas cellophane wrapping paper will work if you don't care.

here is my armor. Made it in about 3 weeks and cost me around $100

Picture069.jpg

srry if i didn't meet the requirements but i had the urge to post my work so far.........2 days so far........and the wierd stuff you see on my bicep piece is just the glue i use and it holds like nothing else......though it's very sticky......well get mad at me if you want....and make fun i just want to post my progress so far and this is the only topic i could find......thx for reading..... :D

Heres my suit, I dont have pics of me wearing it, no one to take pics of me, but the suit is what you want to see anyways.

med_gallery_3767_179_108548.png

Ah so you use straps to attach each piece to your body?
Also not to be mean, but how come your armour looks a little flat? I though pepakura had more detail than that.

Lookie here.

It's not done, but you can get an idea. That and it's not a highly detailed pepakura helmet either. It will be, you just wait and see. I have nothing (nothing being mountains of homework all landsliding into me at the same time) to do this weekend. Absolutely nothing at all... :whistle:

This is all I have right now. Made out of and molded from FS pep model.

Last edited by a moderator:
CemreTas said:
Ah so you use straps to attach each piece to your body?
Also not to be mean, but how come your armour looks a little flat? I though pepakura had more detail than that.

Now on the forums we have better ways to make it smooth.

Those look like the very first pep pieces from jedi-franz models. I think frost did it awhile ago, but don't quote me

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back