Anybody selling Mark VI Armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator

I heard this is the place to go for the best suits, so here I am. I am looking to buy a great suit of armor for my Birthday/Halloween this year.

I have been saving up for armor because I haven't had the time or artistic ability to create my own.

If anyone is remotely interested in selling their armor, please contact me here or via AIM: Unyshek

This is the place to go, yeah, but it's not a shop. The point is making armour, not buying it.

Apart from that, most armour is custom tailored, so somebody would have to make that costume specifically for you. That would take time, and there isn't much of that left until Halloween. Even if you had a few grand parked on your bank account and found somebody who would actually be willing to make a suit for you, this would still be one hell of a thing to pull off.

This is the place to go, yeah, but it's not a shop. The point is making armour, not buying it.

Apart from that, most armour is custom tailored, so somebody would have to make that costume specifically for you. That would take time, and there isn't much of that left until Halloween. Even if you had a few grand parked on your bank account and found somebody who would actually be willing to make a suit for you, this would still be one hell of a thing to pull off.

This seems like a friendly community and I was just wondering if anyone had gotten what they wanted from their suit and by any chance was willing to pass it on.

I hope you understand I was just throwing it out there, just in case, by pure chance all the variables clicked into place and someone of similar body structure was selling.

I am sorry if you felt I was using the group incorrectly, it was not my intention.

I am sorry if you felt I was using the group incorrectly, it was not my intention.

Actually I rather like the way you ask, with proper spelling and all. I'm just trying to prepare you for a major low point in your life: You may have to attend your Halloween party unarmoured.

However, there's no need to panic: You can make yourself a really nice Beowulf costume in no time, and it's even way cheaper than armour! :)

While it is true the best suits are made by people on this forum, the real point is learning, creating, and sharing knowledge. There is a Classifieds section where people do often sell what they've made, but that section is restricted to established members for a variety of reasons, though I believe some members sometimes sell pieces on eBay. While time may be a real barrier to creating armor by Halloween, innate artistic ability is not... these skills can be gained, and the 405th is the perfect venue for that! Before you say you don't have the artistic ability to create armor, let me ask you a few questions...

Can you use a printer? Can you fold paper? Can you use glue and scissors? Can you stir two ingredients together? Can you use a spatula? Can you move your arm back and forth while holding sandpaper? You've likely answered yes to at least one of these questions. Now, forget all of the previous questions and answer the final, most important question... Can you read and follow directions? If you answered yes to this one, you can definitely make armor!

When I first came across this site, it was just before Halloween, as it is now, and I wanted to buy a good Master Chief costume, as you do. When I found this site, though, registration was locked. I couldn't join or post, so I just started reading. This is what I recommend to you. The best thing to do is to take an hour or two and look around this site, get familiar with the wide variety of processes that people use to create their armor, and all the different resources available here. At some point your eyes will widen, your breath will catch, and you will feel a flutter in your stomach when you realize that, yes, you CAN do this! Then you will get all excited and jump right in! Like you, I thought I had no artistic ability but now, two years later, I have built several armor pieces, including a full suit, and am currently creating one from scratch (check out the thread in my signature line to see what can be achieved by someone with no time and no artistic ability)!! If it is close to your birthday, acquiring this hobby is probably one of the best gifts you can give yourself! To look at your work, even with its flaws and imperfections, or to wear it to a party and be the subject of amazed stares, or even just to hold it in your hands, you can say to yourself... "I MADE this!" It's a beautiful feeling, and I got WAY more than I bargained for when I signed up here.

However, if you are looking for a pre-made suit, and have absolutely no interest in learning how to create your own, this is not the place for you. There is a company called Rubies that makes a Master Chief costume. Many members of this forum would not consider it high quality, especially at the price they ask for it, but it may serve your purposes. I urge you to stick around for bit though. You'll be glad you did!

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back