Anyone Have Halo 3 Elite Model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticLegend

Jr Member
So, many thanks to supertaco and his armor-making via requests. Still though....I'm left without the skin and bones to put these things on. I have the Halo 2 Elite, but the Elites in Halo 3 have minute differences in physiology that I want to copy perfectly.

So....anyone have a Halo 3 Elite body model? Body and armor model?
I don't care if it's scaled, and I can cut it to pieces myself. No need to have it separated for Pepakura.

You'd be helping me out in countless ways.

MysticLegend said:
So, many thanks to supertaco and his armor-making via requests. Still though....I'm left without the skin and bones to put these things on. I have the Halo 2 Elite, but the Elites in Halo 3 have minute differences in physiology that I want to copy perfectly.

So....anyone have a Halo 3 Elite body model? Body and armor model?
I don't care if it's scaled, and I can cut it to pieces myself. No need to have it separated for Pepakura.

You'd be helping me out in countless ways.
can you show me the differences? i can fix the halo 2 one

Last edited by a moderator:
supertaco said:
can you show me the differences? i can fix the halo 2 one
Unlike the Halo 2 "hooves", the Elites now have more of a "foot" than before.
Assaultarmor.jpg

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs20/i/2007/269...uffinKingXx.png
http://dweenyo77.deviantart.com/art/Tentative-Tawe-66738724

It's a lot harder than the normal stuff, and not easy to see all the sides. That's why I was looking for more of a model.

i want these pep files too i hope we get them soon so there can be more elites in the world, and spartans wont overrun the elite race.

ojrtega said:
i want these pep files too i hope we get them soon so there can be more elites in the world, and spartans wont overrun the elite race.
Agreed, files pleeeeeease! :mad:

Hehe, Spartans overrunning the Elite race.... were it so easy ;)

hmmm still no one.......... hope we get this pep file soon becuase no one has it and some people actually want it.

good to know but are these files going to be unfolded and everything because im not good at unfolding and stuff.

ojrtega said:
good to know but are these files going to be unfolded and everything because im not good at unfolding and stuff.
Unfolding just requires hitting the button :whistle:

If fitting them onto the pages is your problem, it just takes practice.

ojrtega said:
i would just rather have one that is ready for printing because im not good with that kind of stuff
You wouldn't want to practice....learn....and better yourself?
Well....okie doke, but that doesn't sound very progressive

Halo 3 Retail points to the raw data within the maps diffrently then the beta. It's still a work in progress on finding out how it points to this data withen the final maps.

In the beta though, It was found within a few weeks on how to find the raw data. BUT, The beta had no Elites. To Bad.

Otherwise, Please don't disscus or post locations on where to obtain the Beta Assets on these forums, Tis Illegal :/.

-Doom

Doom said:
Halo 3 Retail points to the raw data within the maps diffrently then the beta. It's still a work in progress on finding out how it points to this data withen the final maps.
In the beta though, It was found within a few weeks on how to find the raw data. BUT, The beta had no Elites. To Bad.
Otherwise, Please don't disscus or post locations on where to obtain the Beta Assets on these forums, Tis Illegal :/.
-Doom
I first read this when I woke up this morning.....and then again now.
Though I understand your point by saying there are no Elites in the beta, does that mean everyone right now who's doing Halo 3 pep files are using the beta (and not the retail) to extract their models?

...and, what makes the Spartan files less illegal than Elite files? I'm assuming maybe that the beta is not covered under Microsoft's Terms of Use Agreement? If there's really no hope of me getting a pep file for this, then so be it, life ain't always fair. Still though, I'd like to understand why.

MysticLegend said:
I first read this when I woke up this morning.....and then again now.
Though I understand your point by saying there are no Elites in the beta, does that mean everyone right now who's doing Halo 3 pep files are using the beta (and not the retail) to extract their models?

...and, what makes the Spartan files less illegal than Elite files? I'm assuming maybe that the beta is not covered under Microsoft's Terms of Use Agreement? If there's really no hope of me getting a pep file for this, then so be it, life ain't always fair. Still though, I'd like to understand why.
No, as long as the files are PDO, they are allowed here. The mods just don't want to have anyone giving out the files because that could get them in big trouble. In my understanding, you cannot go from PDO to any usable file type... So Slyfo and everyone else using the beta models to give us PDOs are okay... As long as they don't give out the source files.

Awesome.....that sounds reasonable enough to me. Thanks papamurf
Sorry if I confused you, Doom.....I don't really care what file-type I get, as long as it runs in Pepakura :D

So....the hunt continues....

Yup, All PDO's you see here are all from the Beta. No retail extractions have been made yet.

-Doom

It might be a long shot, but if anyone here is reasonably-well-versed in any 3D CAD programme (such as Wings3D) then maybe said parts could be made using that?

I'd do it myself but graphics packages give me a bitch of a headache at the best of times.

Primal Weyland said:
It might be a long shot, but if anyone here is reasonably-well-versed in any 3D CAD programme (such as Wings3D) then maybe said parts could be made using that?

I'd do it myself but graphics packages give me a bitch of a headache at the best of times.
I'm familiar with CAD...ish programs, but not with high-poly models like these. The highest thing I've ever made was a 3D Mitsubishi Eclipse in AutoCAD 2004, and even that came out a bit blockish.

I'd stand a chance if there were dimensions for the Elites. All I have to go by is the height, and even that's not very useful (Elites are 8.5 feet tall, but then they squat to battle form....which is *closer* to 7 feet). What I'd need are dimensions of the toes, foot, etc. I can do this with the Halo 2 version (file exists), but alas.....I'm aiming for Halo 3.

Good idea though. Someone more skilled than I may be able to. supertaco maybe, but again....this is a high-poly object we're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back