anyone need help 3d printing armor/costumes?...im here to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dimensions are amazing! hows the print quality?
its got 3 settings , fast, normal and fine. i have a 0.4mm nozzle and a 0.25mm nozzle. it also has a few features which trick the machine into printing finer which is cool but.. the time man...

As you know how the print times are long. while we've been typing the filament was slipping on the extruder gear and its ground it up to nothing so its been printing with no material for over an hour >:$ !!! but these things happen. i have to loosen the screw and on the extruder and that should fix it. just annoying because its wasted material.

would be nice if theres a machine to buy will will remelt and extrude recycled filament!

just saw a 3d printer in the UK on a tv show , turns out the NHS (National Health Service,Hospitals) are using these for hips and replacements, they also showed how you can print a fully working clock.. even a one shot gun :?awkward. these things are cool... shame they are so cheap in comparison to here (£120,000 for one, $180,000)

but yeah this is cool... hope you get this going :)

theres a company on the next road over from my studio that have one of those machines, i looked into sending the stuff to them to print but... yeah little too pricey.. that being said the parts don't need sanding at that point!

I went ahead and made a "how to" video to help everyone get started with printing their armor. You can find a link to it in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back