Arbiter Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't already I would look into the build that Tested did on youtube for the Rancor costume they made in 2015. Might give you ideas on how to construct this in a way that is both accurate and more suited to a human form.

Here is a link the first youtube vid if your interested:

Funnily enough this is exactly the video i was basing my workflow on! I've been going back and looking at it step by step to get an idea of how it's going to work.

Funnily enough this is exactly the video i was basing my workflow on! I've been going back and looking at it step by step to get an idea of how it's going to work.

Great minds think alike. I am looking forward to seeing how you progress through this. Would love to see a version like Tested showed of the Rancor before skinning it.

Phew! Haven't updated this in a while. Largely because not much has been happening. I'm struggling to fund this build, so I'm only able to do a bit at a time. I changed my idea from using digitigrade stilts to instead use plasterers stilts. That way I don't have to build them myself and I can avoid the fatigue that would be caused by constantly squatting. Not fun! I got a cheap pair of stilts online and they arrived recently, only they are the wrong size! I figure that I can reduce the size of them by removing some pieces and shifting them down, then cutting off some of the metal. I'll have to replace the rivets, but I'd rather use a bolt that went all the way though rather than rivets because I find bolts easier to work with. Hopefully it will still be load bearing, but there's only one way to find out...

Time to break out the power tools.

Otherwise I got a free trial on stan winston school and watched their monster making tutorials. They were super helpful for the sort of materials and techniques that I can put to use on building the arbiter.

Seems like you've put a lot of thought into this! WOW I never thought of dressing as an Elite, or any Covenant for that matter.

how is it going? did you managed to finish it ? i'm looking foward for the templates in a future UwU
It's possible that this build was finished but the thread itself has been inactive for three and a half years and the author hasn't been on the forums in a little less than that so you're not likely to get a response.

When looking for templates a good place to start is The Armory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back