Arc's Odst Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARCsaber987

Jr Member
Hi everyone! I thought it was time I showed you all what I’ve been up to lately, which has been finishing my ODST helmet. I learnt a lot from my mistakes here and I’m going to make another helmet (a low def MkV) without, well, these mistakes. Regardless I still do like this helmet. My first major mistake was using normal thing paper, which meant it bend/warped almost immediately (I’ve now got some good think paper which works a lot better). I did most of the prepping when I was home sick during the week a while back.

[attachment=14695:prep small.JPG]

[attachment=14694:warp small.jpg]

I left the helmet alone for quite a while and then decided to resurrect it. So using the warp-ish prep as a base I added cardboard parts and modified the model until it looked more like it should and had recovered some of its detail. I think I enjoy scratch more than prepping but they’re both good. Then I began paper macheing the helmet. Paper Mache does work for reinforcing but as I discovered it doesn’t leave the smoothest of surfaces which shows up when you paint it.

One layer of paint, some more ‘scratch’ additions, more paint and I have my helmet. It’s not great but it was ultimately fun to make and worked as an experiment to see if paper mache could be used for this, which it can’t really...

[attachment=14689:IMGP9679small.JPG]

Helmet with Magnum

[attachment=14690:IMGP9681small.JPG]

I’ve also done two chest plates, one with the new thick card (the better looking one) and one with normal paper and some card reinforcing (the first thing I ever prep so it kind of needed redoing) as well as one of the lower side 'equipment plates' (?). My AR is also obviously there, but that’s been on here before.

Well, that’s it! I’m now hoping to finish my Magnum and the Mark V (maybe for Reach). I also need to get some finished pictures of my energy sword hilt up.

[attachment=14687:IMGP2802small.JPG]

[attachment=14688:IMGP2803small.JPG]

Thanks guys!

Looks pretty good, mate! Glad that you could salvage your old helm. (Copy paper sucks for pepakura.) But it looks good now! That's a really good insignia on your chest plate, and I'm digging the magnum!

Cheers!

Looks pretty good, hope to see more in the future.

Digging the Assault Rifle.

Hope mine comes out as good, but its brothers first pep assignment.

Not setting the bar too high.

Sniperbaas392 said:
Looks pretty good, mate! Glad that you could salvage your old helm. (Copy paper sucks for pepakura.) But it looks good now! That's a really good insignia on your chest plate, and I'm digging the magnum!

Cheers!

And I made the mistake of using printer paper to make a Guy-Manuel helmet.

Did not last long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back