Armed Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was this close to pursuing a career in the marines, than plans fell through with my ROTC program at Texas A&M. the company i was in was a buncha bags and i had to sacrifice alot of my study time for their stuff. i tried doing both and tried balancing them out, but it didn't work, no now i'm just a civvie.

before that i was in a high school jrotc, which was pretty fun. Alot of my friends from there went onto the military directly from high school, of them one is currently attending West Point, and another 2 are at the Naval Academy.

Well this isn't really on topic with the the OP but with the holiday coming up I wanted to say the following and I feel like this is just a good of place as any to say what I have to say, which is -
Thanks to all the men and women who have served our country(America), from this forum or not, past and present.

On the day where you celebrate your freedom and independence remember the people who made it possible, it wasn't free for them. On a side note - whether you support the current war or not still support our troops who are there, don't make the same mistake as generations before and shun the soldiers. So take some time from your planned festivities and truly think about the people who made it possible, thank a soldier/veteran if you see one - you probably wouldn't realize what it will mean.

So in short, to those enlisted past, present and future I'd like to offer my sincere thanks.

Branch: US Army - Active Duty
Jobs:
13M20 - Multiple Launch Rocket Systems Crewmember
02U20 - electric bass guitar player

1996-1997
volunteered for the US Army Band in PHX, AZ

ROTC
Hofstra University
MS3

i know it doesnt really count, but i founded and served in a National Military fraternity Chi Gamma Iota @ Oswego State, in NY. 1999 - 2001

Branch: United States Marine Corp.
Bootcamp: Paris Island
Rank at discharge: Gunnery Sergeant
MOS:0300 , later became- 8541 Scout Sniper
Years Of Service: 1989-1996

Remeber: Marines never die, They live on through the corp.............. I survived the ISLAND....

Comment: I had to take a medical discharge do to a jump going wrong, took awhile to learn to walk again but i did it. Saw lots of my buddies go home in bags(really hard on a person). Seen lots of places, been all over the place, would not trade my time for anything.

My heart goes out to all of the families who have lost a loved one during their service to this country...... I remember every night those who gave all for our freedom, DON'T forget them........

US Navy: 1988-1991 - Operation DESERT SHIELD/STORM (ABH3)
US Navy Reserve: 1991-1993 -
Army National Guard: 1993-1995 - 11H (Anti-Tank TOW)
Army Officer: 1996-Present (Field Artillery and now Civil Affairs) Operation IRAQI FREEDOM x 1 (prepping for another one), Operation ENDURING FREEDOM X 2 (Afghanistan)

Just enjoying the life.

i'm not in the armed forces yet, i'm still undecided if i want to or not, i want to pursue a career in 3d animation but if that doesn't work for me then i want do join. if i do join i'm not sure if i want to go for the canadian military or the u.s. military (if its even possible for a canadian to get into the u.s. military) because i'v heard some good things about the u.s. marines corps.

i'm only 15 so i have a couple of years before i have to decide for sure but i can still think about it now.

Well for me too, I hesitate between Canadian Forces as a Pilot, or 3D modelling.

Does anyone know how long is 1 military service in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back