Armor finished just in time! *pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

igjoe

I didn't have time to really custom paint it, but the armor looks better than I expected! I did however have enough time to use magnets to attach my SMGs to my legs. Good luck to everyone who is making one!

*Edit* I added a picture with the SMGs attached to the armor. It's somewhat dark, but you can see it.

Also, all I did for the texture was bondo everything. I was rushed for time so i didnt get it perfectly smooth. So then I sanded it using 100 grit paper and left all the imperfections. After that, I painted everything with a white primer spray paint, then Hosta leaf (green) Krylon spray paint. For the black, I used Krylon Black sea "H20" latex spray paint (i think it was a primer as well) Anyway I just sprayed it on and quickly tried to wipe it away. Most of the black paint stayed in the imperfections and actually gave it a nice look! I also tried using a hammered silver spray paint for metalic scratches, but I wasn't great at the technique so I just didn't do it.

mc3_s.jpg

mc5_s.jpg

mc6_s.jpg

mc2_s.jpg

Great Job man,. I really like the surface texture you have on there.

Can we get a pic with the SMG's in place on your thighs?

I've yet to see this done with magnets... I'M curious about the end result.

Excellent work, Happy Haloween!

Sean Bradley said:
Great Job man,. I really like the surface texture you have on there.

Can we get a pic with the SMG's in place on your thighs?
I've yet to see this done with magnets... I'M curious about the end result.
Excellent work, Happy Haloween!

Agreed! The texture is what caught my eye

Last edited by a moderator:
Darthcalibar said:
Awesome! What did you use on it? Bondo?

looks like bondo before the final skim coat and spot putty. it makes a really cool texture, like metal thats been oxidized.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back