Armor Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

MW Immortalking

I know there's this thread from a while back that appears to be locked and I cant post in but I was wondering if anyone ever found little strips of led or something to use for the armor lights

Thanks,

MWIK

u can just use LED .. i use for LED on my chect piece. not those normal LED . its rectangular ..

and here it is in action ..

SDC12277.jpg

SDC12276.jpg

or you can use reflective tape... i know of a couple people who went that rout.. i'm actually going to go that rout myself as well. i'm only putting in LED's in the helmet

I just used regular LEDs and filled in any surrounding area with hot glue ;)

This makes it look like all of the area covered in hot glue is a light; here is a pic:

gallery_11015_1446_121055.jpg

And here is a pic of it with completed armour:

gallery_11015_1736_595150.jpg

I did add other lights but they're hard to see in the picture.

Hope this helps you to put lights in your armour; very few people do it nowadays :(

Leyton

MW Immortalking said:
I like the hot glue and the rectangular LEDs, where can I get the rectangular LEDs?

im not sure where you can get it at your country .. but im sure any electronics shop have it ..

Leyton : hey i like that idea .. might do it for my thigh pieces ..

Last edited by a moderator:
know there's this thread from a while back that appears to be locked and I cant post in but I was wondering if anyone ever found little strips of led or something to use for the armor lightsyou

this place would do the real work for you if led strips is needed ,cus lsat weekend i got some strips which can be cuttable into small pieces ,which works awsome for my new made man ,here goes :http://www.ledlightsworld.com/

Gixxer said:
im not sure where you can get it at your country .. but im sure any electronics shop have it ..

Leyton : hey i like that idea .. might do it for my thigh pieces ..

hey ,dude ,any color ,and shape led lights strips would be available at www.ledlightsworld.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
When the time comes, I think heading to my local Radio Shack would be in my best interests for LEDs and wiring. I already scouted out their store a while back and they have drawers full of different kinds of LEDs.

do an eBay search for LED's. I found round LED's, pre-wired with resistors for dirt cheap (25 for $5 shipped!). Then you can just wire up what you need without a soldering iron.

Probably best not to listen to Goodspeed98. Those LEDs are meant for household lighting and his posts boarder on spam.

Monicator, you have the right idea. For small quantities like what we use for prop making, the cheapest and easiest place to buy from is your local electronics shop. RadioShack

Would it not be possible to use any type of LED, and just place it behind a piece of opaque rectangular plastic? The LED will illuminate the rectangular strip no problem, thus providing the shape you need. You can buy glass frosting spray, and use that to coat a small piece of clear pvc sheeting, and cut to size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back