Armor of God - Why I am building the armor (among other reasons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
***Disclaimer****
In fitting with the 405th's guidelines on posts and such I want to clarify that this is not a Philosophical, Theological, etc. debate, nor is it me shoving my beliefs down your throat. It is simply my motivation to build, or to dream about building, a suit. I'm not trying to stir any pot, not trying to make you mad, nor am I trying to offend you. This is Simply a Study on a section of a book that I believe to be holy.

Please also realize that this is from a Christian Worldview. It might not line up with yours.
****/Disclaimer******

I Figured this is a good place to put why I am building my armor and the process of the research/study I am doing.

I am building the armor because I want something as a Visual for a Sermon and/or a Bible study on the armor of God. My wife and I are involved in many Ministries both college and Christian Camping. I figured what better way to start out a week of camp or a Sermon series then to walk out in a Halo Armor.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a big Halo fan still. It is something I have in common with the campers we reach and even the college students we are friends with.

I've been at the actual study part of this study for about 2 years. It's been slow but making progress. Basically I am starting with one piece of armor at a time. Here is the Main reference in Ephesians.

Ephesians 6:13-17
Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

This is my first deep study into a section of the bible so bear with me. With the slow progress of my suit I'll probably finish this before the suit. I also hope that maybe, for those other believers out there, that this can be a resource for people to use their suits this way if they so please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back