Armor that can take a point blank attack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean Bradley said:
You can cast resin into a plaster mold, but you can have no undercuts in your model, and you have to brush vaseline into the mold.
The resin shrinks enough that you can pop the castings out pretty easy.
But rubber of course yields higher quality castings...
Are you talking about pepakura?

Sorry, I'ma nub.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea if you have any paintball question you can ask me im in D3(division 3(sp?)) in ohio. and i know NAS shoots all there armor w/ paintballs.

I was looking at the armor and I realized that if you make it out of kevlar or titanium with a cooling agent of some kind you could make this battle worthy in Iraq. But I just joined tonight so I am a BIG noob! So if any onr was enough money and free time they could make a suit cheap enough for the military in Iraq that works! Who know you just might get paid for it.

Shadow Dragon

P.S. I do not know anybody I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Shadow Dragon

homsar66 said:
This is a very debated point in paintball, but nothing says that there is any difference whatsoever between compressed air and Nitrogen. Unless of course you are talking about CO2, which is in the cheaper tanks you can get at walmart. There is a huge difference. first of all, CO2 can ruin higher end guns, because when compressed it turns into a liquid. when you shoot fast, The tank must become colder to convert the liquid to a gas faster. Thus, condensation is formed. Liquid CO2 can shoot up into your gun ruining valves and shorting solinoids, not to mention shootdown (loss of pressure, causing shots to gradually shoot less far when shooting quickly). Other than that, there is no differnce in the way it is hooked up. The tube your talking about, do you mean a macroline or remote? Because both can be used with CO2. I too will be putting my gun into my AR as soon as im done glassing it.

Co2 is liquid and "Nitro" is compressed Air. They both work the same in the summer with a few differences. Since co2 is liquid when firing fast you'll get crazy inconsistent fps. With Nitro the fps is more consistent shot per shot basis. However in the winter Nitro wins hands down. Since co2 "cools" down when you fire fast, this happens especially fast in the winter when its cold and also due to being co2; your fps won't be as high. However, problems with inconsistency can be easily fixed with an expansion chamber.

As far as paintballin in armor goes; DUDE its paintball which means one shot you're out. I whether be a small hard to hit target and rake up kills then to look cool and sit out for the rest of the game. You would need some high impact plastic that could flair well against sudden impacts. Something rigid might do well but might crack from stress and something too flexible might just break through.

If ya'll want something thats been battle tested its been around for quite a while.
http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NASApp/cs...l=1014656511815

The guy that made the suit (Troy) tried ebaying it off a few times with no luck. The suit was then raffled out and a lucky winner has been picked since. It now resides in Florida

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back