Armor Variations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Forum Founder
Member DIN
S800
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3162534

For all of the customization options available for the gametypes, maps, and nuts and bolt of combat, Halo has always been missing a little visual variety in it's cavalcade of multiplayer Master Chiefs. Well, not only is the Elite model a more viable choice this time (his hit detection is essentially identical with Master Chief's now), with an increased color palette and more emblems to boot for both models, but Armor Permutations have been added to Halo 3 to make players look and feel even more like individuals. By customizing your helmet, chest plate and both shoulder pieces (individually), and tweaking them with the emblem and coloring options, you can really make your Chief/Elite stand out from the pack.

We tried out a few different variants, with many more promised for the final game (some of which will have to be unlocked through special accomplishments). There's already quite a few types of armor in the Halo universe between Master Chief's different suits and the other Spartan ones seen/described in the Halo novels, and we're very curious to see the higher-level unlockable ones. It's a very cool concept to think that we may be able to pick out the more elite players on a battlefield simply by glancing at their armor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa, freakin' sweet. I really want to unlock the armor.
I like the looks of the guy in the article. Very cool.

Sarge Christi said:
Whoa, freakin' sweet. I really want to unlock the armor.
I like the looks of the guy in the article. Very cool.
Awesome does that mean we get mc from halo 1? I wonder why no one post here.

Spartan-B292 said:
i like the new marine armor on page 16
but is the thing in pg 22, is that a brute?

At first glance it looks like a Hunter.

Upon further inspection it is A brute in armor lol.

Spartan-B292 said:
i like the new marine armor on page 16
but is the thing in pg 22, is that a brute?
where did you find the marine armor at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back