Foam Armorsmith Issue "Combining" Pieces after Resize

korranatedcorgi

Jr Member
Good morning!

I just have a silly question, and I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem or if this is the right place to ask. BUT I'm currently working on my MK V Recon armor (making a post about those :3) and so far have the forearms, biceps and shoulders done and am starting on the leg pieces.

When I try to organize the pieces onto the pages a lot of the separate pieces are just locking to each other and I can't move them by themselves. Is there a way to work around this without copying all the pieces and wasting a bunch of paper?

The weird thing is it only locks pieces together after I resize the part to my avatar, if I just import the part (too small and original) the pieces are fine.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be amazing, thank you!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_81.png
    Screenshot_81.png
    545.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_82.png
    Screenshot_82.png
    377.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_83.png
    Screenshot_83.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 34
There is a bug in armorsmith that will botch your patterns when they are scaled. I ran into this problem when I was making my mk 7 last summer. I ended up scaling the pieces in armorsmith, and then actually printing them from pepakura designer. I am not certain on this, but I believe the bug has since been patched. Try updating armorsmith to its latest version and seeing if that helps.

There is a bug in armorsmith that will botch your patterns when they are scaled. I ran into this problem when I was making my mk 7 last summer. I ended up scaling the pieces in armorsmith, and then actually printing them from pepakura designer. I am not certain on this, but I believe the bug has since been patched. Try updating armorsmith to its latest version and seeing if that helps.
Oh awesome, thank you!! Ill see if theres an update to fix it and if not ill just print from pepakura :)

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back