Arms race 2 'leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you think the movie should be based on? an obvious choice would be to base it on halo1, but i think it might be good to start at fall of reach to show everyone his past and whatnot. it would be hard to hide his face (i think its better if we dont see it) though it might be ok when he's a kid. or maybe they could have flashbacks or begin with certain the selection process stuff and jump from one important event to the next, which would make it easier to hide his face. if they could do it right, i think that would be the best place to start

or they could start with halo1 and have flashbacks then

now my mind is flooding with ideas for the movie and i dont feel like typing all of them

i should become a director or something

Well since last time I heard the film was dead due to unanomous greed and stupidity from the parties involved, it's a moot point.

My money is a film will get made and released for 2009 and it'll be directed by Uwe Boll...

Broz said:
No movie dude. They had Neill Blomkamp, Weta and a shitload of cash knocking around after the movie fell through, so they are banging these out instead.

Curious as to how else you would do the Covenant aside from CG?

Neill is extremly experienced in the use of photoreal CG and Weta are a hellishly dedicated bunch, so with time and money it would easily prove up to scratch.

You simply cannot do any of the races as physical effects and retain any sort of spark of life or fluidity of motion. Anyone who has worn stilts or Powerisers will laugh in your face at the prospect or trying to perform the Elites' duck-and-slide manouver, with or without fifty plus pounds of costume and anamatronics. How about grunts (or are we going to round up loads of midgets?) And what if you want a Hunter? Or the script calls for a bunch of Brutes to get physical?

Case in point, Farscape; The best, most experienced practical creature effects outfit in the business with huge amounts of money behind it. And still they were unable to produce the Scarrens in significant numbers or have them move with any sort of speed or fuildity that made then look credible in a fight on broken ground, hence the slave race ending up doing the majority of the scrapping and stunt effects.

The Uruk Hai may have been CG, but the Trolls, Wargs and Fell Beasts weren't.

HEY!!!
There's a little term out there, "mixing it up"
Practical effects look better, simply because they are real. Did you see underworld? Zathurea? Doom? Some shots are fully animatronic suits, some are full CGI, some are a mix.
That duck and slide you were talking about?
Simple, green tights on the legs, and a smaller upper body suit. Add some CGI legs and it looks perfect. Theres a way around everything when it comes to practical effects, don't underestimate that.
About the grunts, watch LOTR again, the hobbets are as tall as everyone else. camera tricks and green screen. That solves that problem.
Hunters?
Same thing as the hobbits, only the other way around. Maybe a fully animatronic upper body for when they swing at people.
CGI does NOT look better, even the shots that win awards are fake as hell. (Gollum was a great stride, but you could easily tell he was CG.) That's why you can't have it alone.

BTW: You have no point, man. Everything you said was kind of narrowminded. You have to use imagination.

link4044 said:
keep on searching

did you post in said thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
xalener said:
HEY!!!
There's a little term out there, "mixing it up"
Practical effects look better, simply because they are real. Did you see underworld? Zathurea? Doom? Some shots are fully animatronic suits, some are full CGI, some are a mix.
That duck and slide you were talking about?
Simple, green tights on the legs, and a smaller upper body suit. Add some CGI legs and it looks perfect. Theres a way around everything when it comes to practical effects, don't underestimate that.
About the grunts, watch LOTR again, the hobbets are as tall as everyone else. camera tricks and green screen. That solves that problem.
Hunters?
Same thing as the hobbits, only the other way around. Maybe a fully animatronic upper body for when they swing at people.
CGI does NOT look better, even the shots that win awards are fake as hell. (Gollum was a great stride, but you could easily tell he was CG.) That's why you can't have it alone.
did you post in said thread?
Heh, finally a reasonable person. I just couldn't live with everything in the Halo movie being CG. And as for the movie being dead, it's not. They rekindled it. A few days before Arms Race came out, Fox renegotiated. They probably saw what Neill Blonkamp (sp?) wanted to do with it. And he's still directing. And Peter Jackson is still exec producer. And Weta is still doing effects. And I would LOVE to know who's gonna be the Chief.

PS. I betcha Andy Serkis is playing the Chief, the Hunters, the Grunts, the Elites, the Jackals, the Brutes, the Drones, AND Sargeant Johnson. (obviously)

thank you. :sleep:
.......WHO IS MC?!?!?!?!?! AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE!!!! WHY MAKE SUCH A BIG DEAL BY KEEPING IT AN INTERNAL SECRET?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm curious how you would have approched the trolls in LOTR, let me guess a couple of guys, standing one on top of another with a midget working the head?

(not sure how to use the quote thingy yet)

What LOTR Were you watching? That troll was CG, it was way to limber to be anything but. I think that Halo would have to rely a good portion on CG, but people in suits and whatnot (Brutes and Hunters) wouldn't be hard at all. The flood would be easy to make a suit for, but then you run into leaping around and stuffs.

On a side note, does anyone have a download for this vid instead of just a view?

xalener said:
thank you. :sleep:
.......WHO IS MC?!?!?!?!?! AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE!!!! WHY MAKE SUCH A BIG DEAL BY KEEPING IT AN INTERNAL SECRET?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Because Newbies need a lesson on how to use the search function, instead of starting new threads all the time... like this one.

There was already a thread for this... and we've given enough clues already... if you find it don't post it in the forums either, a bigger reason to keep this secret is that it hasn't been revealed on the internet, and we don't want our website to get blamed for the leak... might cast a shadow on our intentions with the 405th and everything..

@ everyone arguing about CG and practical effects... most movies require both, Halo won't be any different.

Sean Bradley said:
Because Newbies need a lesson on how to use the search function, instead of starting new threads all the time... like this one.

There was already a thread for this... and we've given enough clues already... if you find it don't post it in the forums either, a bigger reason to keep this secret is that it hasn't been revealed on the internet, and we don't want our website to get blamed for the leak... might cast a shadow on our intentions with the 405th and everything..

@ everyone arguing about CG and practical effects... most movies require both, Halo won't be any different.

Ooooooooooohh conspiracy! secrets! turmoil! The makjngs of another bad Tom Cruise movie!!!

Anyways, I might get to finding who it is in a few years, when its on Wikipedia, or IMDB.

As for the Halo movie, I think it should be done w/ part CG part Costumes etc.

im curious to see what the cheif will look like as far as armor quality goes. i am quite impressed with the ODST, ( I WANT it so uber much) but if not i ll wait to get the Weta collectables and the toys.

Spartan-104 said:
im curious to see what the cheif will look like as far as armor quality goes. i am quite impressed with the ODST, ( I WANT it so uber much) but if not i ll wait to get the Weta collectables and the toys.

Of they want cheifly armor they can come here, And learn some things!

I hope his armor is friggin AMAZING

But I agree with an earlier comment that said this looks to "dirty" to be Halo. Because, yeah halo is always a "clean" game.

Spartan-419 said:
(not sure how to use the quote thingy yet)

What LOTR Were you watching? That troll was CG, it was way to limber to be anything but. I think that Halo would have to rely a good portion on CG, but people in suits and whatnot (Brutes and Hunters) wouldn't be hard at all. The flood would be easy to make a suit for, but then you run into leaping around and stuffs.

On a side note, does anyone have a download for this vid instead of just a view?

It's called wires, man.
Oh, and he means if it were up to us, how would we do the troll.
That's actually not a bad idea. I don't know why midgets are so out of the question. That's how they did the queen in Aliens, And if they were aloud to show cables, and paint them out later, she would have looked perfect.
This guy seems to have a very narrow minded and naiive view on special effects (as opposed to visual effects)
He's just not seeing how the obvious and easy tasks can be achieved.

My advice to Broz , rent/ buy the directors cut of aliens and watch all the featurettes on disc two. See how wrong you are?

Heh, you're so right. Why hasn't he retorted yet? I always think that if you can do it real, do it real. Don't use CG just because you can.

And.... Anyone find out who the Chief is yet? PM me please! I've searched and searched and found nothing. How did you other guys find out? Will we know who it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back