Backwards pep files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elric

Is it just me, or does the armor fit better when worn on the opposite limb it was intended for? I've been struggling through various pieces with this. Such as the biceps. When i put the right bicep on my my right bicep, i find it limits the range of motion in my arms, however when i put the same piece on my left arm, in essence backwards, it feels 100 times more natural. Did anybody else encounter this? I mean the right thigh piece feels ok on my right thigh, but fits very nice on my left one. IS it possible the pep files were named wrong?

Understand that I am a much "bigger" chief. I stand 6 ft tall and weigh 230. Meaning I have a large frame, and I've got a good ammount of muscle on me with a little bit of cushion too ;-). I'm using a 27 scale. Anybody else in my boat or have any suggestions? Should I scale up? cause If I went down, the armor will be a little snug. I also feel that the chiefs armor should be big, it's just my personal preference. I mean being a former infantry soldier, I always like my Armor (tac vests, and armor carries) to be a little big on me. I've seen a lot of your armor and while it's very nice and very well done and looks fantatsic, I just think its a little small. Maybe it's just me. I always thought of MC as a scaled down hybrid of a tank and an infantry soldier with all his armor, able to take some serious fire yet still be a hell of a lot more agile. Any thoughts on this would be very helpful.

Elric

What I think I'm going to have to do is scale down to get the correct length of the pieces, and midify the width if I have to. I'll try 26.5 scale and see if that's good one me.

Sounds good to me,but you probably shouldn't take advice form me right now,but maybe a more experienced pepkura user.I hope to help later on when I become more familiar with the scaling in pepkura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back