Battlerifle Airsoft Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

eliteshadow800

so i'm trying to make a battlerifle airsoft gun i'm using an aug as the base but i'm making the rest. so what do you think and dose anybody have advice?

well I had thought about this many times before, so in my findings it would be easier to take the parts from the airsoft rifle and insert them to a pep/scratch BR. trying to fit a airsoft gun into a pep would just be counter intuitive.
this model the Tokyo Maurie Famas seems to fit the specs
v3techfamas21.jpg

A scratch build would probably be best. Make your own magazines. I think a JLS F2000 would be a good internal "Inspiration" for a project like this. Just like the AUG, it has a V3 gearbox, bullpup design, etc. The magazine sits in front of the gearbox (Actually, the JLS gearbox cuts into the top of most STANAG mags, so F2000 user have to dremel off part of their magazines to get them to fit & feed properly). My point is, you might not want to confine yourself to a standard design.

Edit: I drew up a concept of this for you in photoshop. Based on WizardOfFlight's blueprints.
br55airsoftconcept.png

I "Measured" the barrel length based on a gearbox (V3 AUG) I had laying in my room. The gearbox was 17.5 cm long. I took the picture of the gearbox in photoshop and duplicated it until I had made them as long as the barrel. 5 gearboxes stacked end to end were approxamately as long as the barrel, so:

17.5 x 5 = 87.5 cm
87.5 cm = 875 mm

PSG-1 barrels are only 590 mm long, so you could end up with a sniper-class weapon (With space for a barrel longer than you can buy!), but keep in mind this is scaled to the Chief. It would be massive. With a barrel that long you have to start worrying about "barrel suck" (The cylinder not being large enough to push out enough air to fully fill the barrel, causing the BB to be "Sucked" back in the barrel. Results in a loss of FPS.).

Two problems I encountered were related to the gearbox - For the gearbox to stay in line with the barrel, the motor would stick out of the stock... Meaning you'd have to skew the stock a little bit. The gearbox would also interfere with the magazine design. If you are aiming for a Halo-Accurate magazine, you would have to cut parts or change it slightly.

Another problem is that the hopup would be too far back to be accessed from the ejection port, so you'd have a makeshift fixed hopup, or an ugly hole in the side of your BR55.

Several people online have built sniper rifles in airsoft by using Gas Blow Back pistols as a base. GBBs expel excess gas each shot, meaning that if you put a longer barrel on one the FPS would rise, and due to barrel length the accuracy would increase. A pistol could be cut down to be smaller than a gearbox. A physical trigger would have to be set up, however... Of course, I probably thought this out further than you did...

i have actually been doing something like this. my first attempt was an AR using and old M4 that i had. That failed and i have since taken apart my Kart M14 EBR. I took that and built a BR55 frame around it out of aluminum and wood. It has some considerable weight to it but it works and i didnt have to make custom magazines for it. As long as i dont run out of ammo in a match it should work out nicely. i can post a pic of it later on if you would like.

what you would want to do is purchase an electronic FAMAS, gut it, and make a custom shell for the internals.

get a kart m14, electric obviously. then remove the assembly from the stock, the entire assembly comes out in one piece. you can then easily build a BR55 around it, i know what i am talking about cuz i am almost finished with mine

i am actually working on a similar project. I am using bevbor's new battle rifle for a base and then im going to glass it and whatnot, then im going to saddle it up with an L85 gearbox. Im probably going to use standard M4 hopup andim going to use an old outer barrel from my old M14(ive been playing aisoft for a while). probably going to use a G36K flash hider and it probably will only be full auto(burst is hard for airsoft). if youve got any questions airsoft wise, talk to me. Ill start a new thread soon for my project

The only problem I foresee is that you would need a bullpup airsoft gun so you dont have to re fabricate the tigger. I just suggest a gas pistol because the clips load right up into the grip. But then arises the problem of putting the c02 cartridges in because the grip slides back so you can put it in. Quite a predicament.

Gooberz said:
A scratch build would probably be best. Make your own magazines. I think a JLS F2000 would be a good internal "Inspiration" for a project like this. Just like the AUG, it has a V3 gearbox, bullpup design, etc. The magazine sits in front of the gearbox (Actually, the JLS gearbox cuts into the top of most STANAG mags, so F2000 user have to dremel off part of their magazines to get them to fit & feed properly). My point is, you might not want to confine yourself to a standard design.

Edit: I drew up a concept of this for you in photoshop. Based on WizardOfFlight's blueprints.
br55airsoftconcept.png

I "Measured" the barrel length based on a gearbox (V3 AUG) I had laying in my room. The gearbox was 17.5 cm long. I took the picture of the gearbox in photoshop and duplicated it until I had made them as long as the barrel. 5 gearboxes stacked end to end were approxamately as long as the barrel, so:

17.5 x 5 = 87.5 cm
87.5 cm = 875 mm

PSG-1 barrels are only 590 mm long, so you could end up with a sniper-class weapon (With space for a barrel longer than you can buy!), but keep in mind this is scaled to the Chief. It would be massive. With a barrel that long you have to start worrying about "barrel suck" (The cylinder not being large enough to push out enough air to fully fill the barrel, causing the BB to be "Sucked" back in the barrel. Results in a loss of FPS.).

Two problems I encountered were related to the gearbox - For the gearbox to stay in line with the barrel, the motor would stick out of the stock... Meaning you'd have to skew the stock a little bit. The gearbox would also interfere with the magazine design. If you are aiming for a Halo-Accurate magazine, you would have to cut parts or change it slightly.

Another problem is that the hopup would be too far back to be accessed from the ejection port, so you'd have a makeshift fixed hopup, or an ugly hole in the side of your BR55.

Several people online have built sniper rifles in airsoft by using Gas Blow Back pistols as a base. GBBs expel excess gas each shot, meaning that if you put a longer barrel on one the FPS would rise, and due to barrel length the accuracy would increase. A pistol could be cut down to be smaller than a gearbox. A physical trigger would have to be set up, however... Of course, I probably thought this out further than you did...

Go with gas, Easiest way to shoot it with enough force to leave without barrel suck. And it's easier to wire up an Non Blowback than it is to mess with AEG gearboxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suggestion: There is an electric airsoft gun that is a bullpup that might work well. It is an M85A1. I' ve found it on E-bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back