Behind The Veil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dh748

I am getting started on a Halo book i've been brainstorming and was wondering . . . Who whats to be in it? I'm doing something based in the universe but I decided I wanted it to be original so I skipped the timeline ahead to 2632.

So far the basic idea is. . .
Humanity and elites have been swapping tech and now humanity is a bit more advanced, NOT much, but they got some new toys. and I figure since each spartan group is trained for about 15- 20 years it'd be about S-V or even S-VI but just cuz it looks cool S-V's are what im going with there going to be 50 S-V and I am planing for 15-20 other major characters.

70 years after the end of the Human-Covenant war Humanity is ebjoying a time of little conflict. A Secret project codenamed "Archedes" is working to develop the 5th generation of Spartan super-soldiers, and will soon begin training. Years after their defeat, old enemies join together to attempt to destroy humanity once again. . .

Any takers?

what im going with there going to be 50 S-V and I am planing for 15-20 other major characters.

Just some advice: If you go with this, you'll have WAY too many main characters. Stick with one or two and make everybody else a minor character. The difference here is not how important they are story-wise - minor characters still deliver an important part of the story, otherwise you should leave them out completely - but how detailed you will picture them.

I also would be careful about asking people to "be in it". Use people's names if you want, but I wouldn't use anything else. They will give you lots of input about how they want "their" character to be and they will most likely be offended if you turn their calm, pacifist, pet-loving Marine into a raging monster with pointy teeth. Getting input like this may seem easier, but it will limit your ability to push the story where you want it to go.

Have a look at "How to write a damn good novel" by James N. Frey. It's certainly not a manual to success, but it is rather enlightening if you aren't a writer already.

Oh don't get me wrong the story isn't going to put effort into ALL of the characters. I'm going for names mostly. And when I say major characters I mean those that will have significance in the story line. I never liked the term "minor character" it just seems to me that a minor character would be a passing characters. No its only going to have at most 5 Main characters and 15 or 20 supporting. any better?

Oh and yeah ODST's will be major part in a bit but not for another couple chapters. I have them as a surprise. . . Any special name?

wow i wrote that as you posted that comment. . . guess that answers that, I think you'll know.

I have a friend workin on corrections for the prologue (all halo books have a prologue!). . . when they get that done I'll give you guys a peek. Its MAYBE a page long but I had other things to do so I shortened it. . . after that I'll start puttin names on the blank spaces in what i have for a story so far. . .

You can put my name in! I go by Zach or Smith. You could mix that if you like but one thing that stays the same with me is my #. "My number is and always will be 612" Just my quote...

(You dont have to use the following! Can be mixed) If you need more info, like what armor I prefer or role I'd like to play here you go:
I'm a crazy pilot who wears an EVA(always) - Not very social until I know you - Love ODST upgrades(chest, arms, etc.) - I Prefer to snipe, but I can get close and personal ("I chase you...to kill you...otherwise I snipe"[My Quote])

Oh and I got to die in some dramatic way...

Hope you got a good idea...thanks... (you can change anything but my number!)

hey i saw how most of the posts are like from 2009 so i hope i can still get a part

My spartan is a usually mysterious/suspicious acting spartan who ALWAYS wears Recon with a black visor and the sniper left shoulder he sports a pair of black swords on his back for close quarters because close and personal for him is blades only. He only has a Code-name which is Spectre (sounds like spek-tor) and if he is to die he is only to be thought of as dead and mysteriously come back a good while later to save somebody's life. (the whole thing with coming back is because i have a slight thing for the Undead(NOT zombies))

hey i saw how most of the posts are like from 2009 so i hope i can still get a part

My spartan is a usually mysterious/suspicious acting spartan who ALWAYS wears Recon with a black visor and the sniper left shoulder he sports a pair of black swords on his back for close quarters because close and personal for him is blades only. He only has a Code-name which is Spectre (sounds like spek-tor) and if he is to die he is only to be thought of as dead and mysteriously come back a good while later to save somebody's life. (the whole thing with coming back is because i have a slight thing for the Undead(NOT zombies))

I hate to tell you this man , but this thread is from last September and is therefore considered a "necro" thread . Please try to refrain from posting in any thread that is older than 4-5 months without anyone posting anything in it. Thanks man!

-Jacob

Nope sorry, started the book got two chapters in, then my computer got a killer virus. Took out most of my files, ALL of my pep files. Had to reset and I don't think I have the motivation to do this anymore.

Thank god! Im finally able to post early enough for character consideration! If it is not too much too ask, can I be a main or supporting character? His nickname Cross real name Darius (whatever you want his last name to be). Thats all Im asking thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back