Belt Sizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintlesstech

hello i need help trying to fiuger out my size for the belt pice of a pep mark 6 cod. by roboG

my waiest is a 36 to 38 can enyone help me?

use pepakura viewer three when viewing files. Pep 3 allows you to see the depth, height, and width of the item you are viewing, this helps in sizing etc.

Potshot said:
Just scale the pep file so that it's the same as your waist size.

the pep is in mm and im no good with metric if i have a 37 waist dose that mean 370 mm?

Last edited by a moderator:
taintlesstech said:
i id the fourmula at halo wiki and it turned out 263 but when i put the belt together it was WAY to small.

That's because 36 inches is about 914mm, not 263.

your belt size is 37. each inch is 2.5 cm and each cm is 10 mm..SO..

37 inches= 92.5cm = 925 mm..

so scale it so that the width is equal to or a little bit bigger than 925 mm.. its math.

taintlesstech said:
the master cheifs belt size is only 360 mm and its big

I think your sources for that information are incorrect.

I doubt that the master cheif has a 14 inch waist...

The measurement I gave you is correct, although you probably want to do a little bigger than that.

ok but for some reason when i bring up the waiest by robo G the defualt size is 354 hiegt mm/422 width mm/ and 389 depth mm and it said its scaled to spartan size.

There seems to be an issue of terms here. Some of you are talking about belt size, which is the distance AROUND your entire waist. Some of you are talking about the width of the actual pep piece for scaling. Might want to get everyone on the same page here, at least.

Flyerfye said:
There seems to be an issue of terms here. Some of you are talking about belt size, which is the distance AROUND your entire waist. Some of you are talking about the width of the actual pep piece for scaling. Might want to get everyone on the same page here, at least.

im trying to fuiger out if my waeist is 36 what size do i put in the scale on pep?

Flyerfye said:

haha..wow (hits hand on head) youre absolutely right..man. completely didnt catch that.

Measure yourself from hip to hip, like there's a line bisecting your body. Add a few cm for sake of movement and you should be golden.

Starx said:
haha..wow (hits hand on head) youre absolutely right..man. completely didnt catch that.

Oh, duh...I didn't catch that either...

Yeah, I guess you should just measure yourself from hip to hip.

Assuming your not misshapen, it's probably 14-16 inches.

I'm a 36 too. You should size your cod plate somewhere around 422mm w to say maybe 470mm w. Don't worry about the size in H or D.

I dont know about the hip to hip, unless you plan on wearing your belt like a gangsta! lol but on a serious point, the easiest way to do this is tape some paper to a wall, at waist hieght. if you have large paper you only need one sheet, like giant craft paper. then, either outline your waist on the paper, but make sure you keep your marking tool perpendicular to the surface. Its infinitely easier to have someone else do this for you, since they can look at what they are doing head on, instead of bending and twisting. this is how we determined armor sizes and such when I did SCA armor. very fast, very easy, and you can adjust where you want it, some peoples waists are higher than others. definitely not at the hips though, in all actuality, the bottom of the belt should just touch your hips, otherwise its gonna make your butt plate wiggle like a salsa dancer.

played with a photo to show you about where your pelvis is in relation. not a great drawing, and doesnt account for the pelvic girdle, but your reference points are your hips, which rest just below the belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back