Bio Shock (Big Daddy) Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
thewildcard90210 said:
Finally photos the suit isnt done but i slapped this together in a week

NICE freakin work. Keep it up, it's gonna be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
thewildcard90210 said:
Finally photos the suit isnt done but i slapped this together in a week

What did the 600$ in this suit go to?

papamurf812 said:
Yeah, I can't really see how you could put $600 into that, sorry.

He might have accidentally thrown in an extra 0 or something

But what did he use for the dome helmet thing i really need one and right now all i can find are custom made plastic domes that are like $40 :cautious:

Grunts Deserve Shields Too said:
He might have accidentally thrown in an extra 0 or something

But what did he use for the dome helmet thing i really need one and right now all i can find are custom made plastic domes that are like $40 :cautious:

Hey u know in shops/stores/malls they have the sucurity camra dome get one of thos or a very big bowl..lol
But the seurity camra is better for the head peace.

spartanmartin said:
Hey u know in shops/stores/malls they have the sucurity camra dome get one of thos or a very big bowl..lol
But the seurity camra is better for the head peace.

There's these domes that go on top of trash cans at my school and ive been taking measurements and they seem about proportionate to my suit so I think I may go there in the dead of night with some wire and duct tape and make a ghetto mold

I think it was like a witch's cauldron from like halloween or sumthing ... but those arent available anymore :cautious:

I plan on making a frame out of cardboard, then covering that with a layer of cardstock, then resin and fiberglass, then I'm going to glaze the entire outside to smooth the entire thing out. Simple, cheap, and easy :D

falcon NL said:
http://www.videosift.com/video/An-intervie...ioshock-costume

Really good video about the making of the costume. A lot about the materials..
That really alot :lol:, The end is funny :cool:

Edit:
A page with some new pics of the costume.
http://wiki.seeminglee.com/nathan-sharratt

He did a great job painting it but the top is a little lopsided. it was probably unecessary to put 500$ into it though. Anyone know how much a painters suit is anyway? I was planning to just go to an army surplus store that I know of and get one of their old blue flight suits for like 20$ and I don't think I would even have to paint it but if a painter's suit is cheaper......can anyone et a picture of the back of a big daddy? I've been looking everywhere for a good one but can't find any. I think i'll just download the Bioshock demo and take screenshots with the xfire thing.

The guy who made the suit for halloween, it was really cool. but in all actuality, he did an amazing job getting it done. I mean seriously, he's in college (which is a lot of work in itself, trust me), and he did it in a month. He spent that much money, which probably means he has a job on top of that. And only 50-60 hours! Wow... I made a dog out of cardboard and it took that long.
So yeah, kudos to him, and he's probably an engineering major. He would have to be to get it done that fast.

Sean Bradley said:
No... but theres a cast one already... it's a display statue.
swedes_love_big_daddies.jpg

Heres a list of where they'll be:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/photo-ops/hang-wi...-you-287477.php
doubt anyone would fit in on BE A SPLICER soo much easier just go to a value village

i would think that the bars could be made out of a low melting point plastic and if you heat it slowly they could bend into shape
then just paint it

OH NOESS DOUBLE POST!

um BTW just to not make any confusion ... you picked the same avatar as some guy .... whathisface?

HELIOS! thats his name! soo even tho its like a standard avatar ... well just sayin >.<

Grunts Deserve Shields Too said:
I think it was like a witch's cauldron from like halloween or sumthing ... but those arent available anymore :cautious:

you were right about the witches caldren. also 1t cost $556. alot of the money went into spray paint and foam. Also smaller details and making the inside comfortable. If you have any question my email is aceofspadez90210@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back