Blood Raven Space Marine Armour Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPol is the United Kingdom's version of Bondo basically :) It's just a polyester bodyfiller. There's a few variants here but I've been working with UPol. As far as I'm aware we can't get Bondo over here.

More progress this weekend I hope!!!

I am macking a space maeine sut also but min is made out of metal eny tips sise wise and how long did it tack you to get this far

Hey man, I also am making a space marine. I have some questions, do you plan on joining your backpack to the chest or make them separate. any gizmos you planning to use?

Hey man, I also am making a space marine. I have some questions, do you plan on joining your backpack to the chest or make them separate. any gizmos you planning to use?

Sorry for the horrendous delay in replying...work has been hectic - I've not done much armour building over the past month ;( Real Life sucks sometimes huh!? Haha.

RedMist - I think that I'll eventually join the backpack to the chest to make it one, secure, strong piece. But this will more than likely be done after the painting stage :) Hopefully some progress shots soon folks!

P.S. Hope everyone's enjoying Reach ;) I am!!

Hey im new to this 405th i came across when i discovered pepakura ive been trying to create my own space marine armour so that i can paint it in the colours of the blood angels but have had many failed attempts but im hoping pepakura is the answer to my troubles i have come across a few pep files but im not sure which are the best scaled also i do not have the full program and dont understand how i can rescale what im asking is if when you complete your armour could you send me a copy of you rescaled pep file i would be so grateful words wouldnt be able to explain

your armour looks amazing so far i hope mine will eventually looks as good i will post pics when i create mine

thanx

Scaling, The biggest subject on 405th. I would recommend searching out the scaling methods of Xtreme Tactics his tutorials are pretty good. and most of my scaling is near perfect when you follow those methods... However!

Using someone elses scale isn't the best way to do this because they usually scale the armor to their body adn not everyone's body is in the same proportions. So it's recommended that you scale it yourself for the best fit.

Next Space Marines are not really scalable to Humans for many reasons. But the long story short is the models and reference photos you will find for marines are never drawn to proportion So trying to scale them is nearly impossible.

Space marine are alot of trial and error but in anycase you have to make it fit yourself inorder to make it look good on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back