bodycasting

Status
Not open for further replies.

loking

does any body know how i can make a cheaper body cast than the guy from bioweapon site i'm open to any and all suggestions and another question whats a site or place i can get cheap fiberglass cloth and resin

ebay has some torsos for eally really cheap. orrr...you can us the saran wrap and packing tape method. that method is when you get your "model" to all covered in a complete double or triple layer of saran wrap (up to the neck down to the ankles) then buy 5 or 6 rolls of the plastic packing tape (i use the 99 cent store for this) then apply the tape to your model over and over again till it is quite sturdy (3 or 4 layers) after wich carefully cut ur model out and re-tape the 2 halves back together. then stuff full of newspaper (i actually like to use spray foam that expands inside the body cast) and viola! you have a full body cast for around $20 bucks. i believe there was already a thread on this here but..o well!

im pretty sure they carry it at a lowes or home depot but dont qoute me on it. im pretty sure thou :mrgreen: glad i was....semi helpful :hyper:

These two quotes go well together don't ya think?

Did you know that you can use packing tape to make sculpture casts of objects such as toys, household appliances, or even yourself?

Step 1:
Choose a valueless object...

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if doing this, then filling it with good stuff might be a good idea... hmmmm...

Adam said:
I wonder if doing this, then filling it with good stuff might be a good idea... hmmmm...

And maybe filling it with great stuff would be a great idea ;-)

Redsleighdown said:
Adam said:

And maybe filling it with great stuff would be a great idea ;-)

remind me to ban you when i get home.

lol you guys crack me up, but i have actually made a body double of myself using packing tape with the help of a couple friends. and i did use GreatStuff in the hands but it wasnt that great of an Idea, lets just say that it leaked out a little, so i had to saw of some pretty large tumors :shock: But other wise syuffing a tape cast can make a great model for you armor, or if you like to do other costume or fashion design.

And by the way the packing tape cast will only cost you about $10 buck for tape ( 99 cent store ) and $10 seran wrap at Smart and Final, and if you get the newspaper your stuffing is free just recycle your used newspaper.

:hyper: CHEAP is always something to get excited about :hyper:

OK, I made the duct tape dummy. Here's some advice though. DO NOT USE GREAT STUFF TO FILL IT. It because of the lack of air getting to the great stuff, it does not harden, or expand. It remains a liquid and there's little you can do.

I suppose you can use the great stuff, if you only spray a couple of inches into the "cast" at a time. You'll have to wait for it to expand/cure between applications.

Just a heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back