• boxy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • symmetrical

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rajien2

Hey guys I have been looking around at all the other members armor and so on. I have noticed that some people have the origional boxy look that comes for the paper and some people have made it symmetrical with bondo. witch one is correct?

NZ-TK said:
Legendary Armor. lol seriously, the corrrect one, is the one that looks right to you.
Lol i dont like that answer I wont it to look right. I am not going to be the one looking at it ever one out side the armor will :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Boxy or symmetrical aren't opposites, I'm not sure how to answer the question.

Boxy: squarish, with hard edges.

Symmetrical: balanced, equal and even from side to side.

Do you mean 'Boxy or Smoothed?' How bout 'Boxy, or Rounded?'

the boxy ones are made by idiots who dont listen and just resin the outside with no bondo and color it in with crayola pens.

Pics to show what you mean? But I think Sean is on the right track.

The boxy ones were also made before we learned how to smooth everything properly. Pepakura was new here only about a year ago. H2 models were teh awesome back then. *starts daydreaming about the old days*

Sean Bradley said:
Boxy or symmetrical aren't opposites, I'm not sure how to answer the question.

Boxy: squarish, with hard edges.

Symmetrical: balanced, equal and even from side to side.
Do you mean 'Boxy or Smoothed?' How bout 'Boxy, or Rounded?'

He speaks noob, But we can under stand him.

Zenzeigan said:
the boxy ones are made by idiots who dont listen and just resin the outside with no bondo and color it in with crayola pens.

Slow down there SupperMan. idiots is a bit harsh. I would NOT let my 8 year old play with resin. COOL YOUR JETS.

Play Nice.

Rob

Boxy was before we had HD pep files with smooth edges. Smooth armor is more recent becuase of said reason.

So your answer is that smooth or 'Symmetrical' is the game accurate form of armor.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
Boxy was before we had HD pep files with smooth edges. Smooth armor is more recent becuase of said reason.

So your answer is that smooth or 'Symmetrical' is the game accurate form of armor.
I am useing the non hd files can i still make it look right? or should I scrap.

rajein2 said:
I am useing the non hd files can i still make it look right? or should I scrap.
You can still make it look right, but it will take a lot of bondo and sanding. And I mean A LOT.

RadioaciveMicrobe said:
You can still make it look right, but it will take a lot of bondo and sanding. And I mean A LOT.
Well I would like to have a completed suit by Halloween. If I scrap all i have now and go to HD Do you think I can have it finished by Halloween?

Rob said:
Slow down there SupperMan. idiots is a bit harsh. I would NOT let my 8 year old play with resin. COOL YOUR JETS.

Play Nice.

Rob

I cant believe no one answered the question.. yet.. well;

Smooth=Game accurate (or like you said, symmetrical)
Boxed=Rough paper model.

You should be fine with the HD files, remember, BONDO is your friend ;)
(and a respirator is your life saver :lol: )

And Zen, please dont EVER imply back on that topic, i think we both should have learned our lesson by now..

Rob said:
Play Nice.
-Fin(n)ish

rajein2 said:
Well I would like to have a completed suit by Halloween. If I scrap all i have now and go to HD Do you think I can have it finished by Halloween?

That all depends on you. How dedicated you are to the project, how much time you have to devote to it, etc.

If you have the drive, the know how, and most importantly the time, then you can knock a suit out by Halo-ween.

Cadet said:
That all depends on you. How dedicated you are to the project, how much time you have to devote to it, etc.

If you have the drive, the know how, and most importantly the time, then you can knock a suit out by Halo-ween.
kk thank you

Well you aren't the only one that is trying to finish one before Halloween. Hopefully, you can, but for me, I'm starting to doubt it. Good luck to ya.

Confucious T said:
Well you aren't the only one that is trying to finish one before Halloween. Hopefully, you can, but for me, I'm starting to doubt it. Good luck to ya.
We can do it :p :rolleyes good luck

Mine is kinda a smoothed boxy armor. Mainly because i wanted to maintain the octo-polygon properties of the game model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back