Build progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

eiros

What's going on everyone? Just figured I'd post up a thread to see how everyone's build progress/ WIPS are going

What's going on everyone? Just figured I'd post up a thread to see how everyone's build progress/ WIPS are going
Hey man! How bout you? You doin anything? I'm going to rebuild my chest... make it a bit bigger and fix the balaclava/neck seal part... also I cant post pictures?

Hey Eiros. Not yet a member of the Southwest regiment. Will be when I meet requirements. Working on my first Master Chief armor. Having fun doing it and its great to have everyone,s help and advise. Hope it is ok to post here since I,m not a member.

Hey man! How bout you? You doin anything? I'm going to rebuild my chest... make it a bit bigger and fix the balaclava/neck seal part... also I cant post pictures?
I am stuck in a creative block currently. I am trying to figure out if I want to re make my custom ODST, Halo 4 Spartan, Agent Washington. I was also kicking about the idea of doing a master chief. What image host are you using?

Hey Eiros. Not yet a member of the Southwest regiment. Will be when I meet requirements. Working on my first Master Chief armor. Having fun doing it and its great to have everyone,s help and advise. Hope it is ok to post here since I,m not a member.
Welcome! Of course it's ok to post here! As long as you live in the Southwest and you are working on armor or not and just looking to handle at events, you are a member. We just gotta get you cleared after you submit your costume. I will say I saw your build thread and it is looking really awesome!

I am stuck in a creative block currently. I am trying to figure out if I want to re make my custom ODST, Halo 4 Spartan, Agent Washington. I was also kicking about the idea of doing a master chief. What image host are you using?
Just the website from my phone. Normally there is a button next to post reply that says something along the lines of insert media...

Welcome! Of course it's ok to post here! As long as you live in the Southwest and you are working on armor or not and just looking to handle at events, you are a member. We just gotta get you cleared after you submit your costume. I will say I saw your build thread and it is looking really awesome!
Whoops! My bad. I read this as southern! This is not my area XD

I think it would be really cool if you did agent Washington I’ve never seen anyone do that and red vs blue is awesome but all your other ideas are great as well

It's coming along! Hopefully today I'll be able to start painting it up ;)

I had a 2 week deadline (less than a week now D:), but have made phenomenal progress, especially given how busy I am with other things. Halo Outpost is so close I can smell it.. and it smells like little bits of sanded plastic >.>

Attachments

• haloresize.jpg
    haloresize.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 374
It's coming along! Hopefully today I'll be able to start painting it up ;)

I had a 2 week deadline (less than a week now D:), but have made phenomenal progress, especially given how busy I am with other things. Halo Outpost is so close I can smell it.. and it smells like little bits of sanded plastic >.>

Whoa! That undersuit Matt is like spot on..... -snicker-

Seriously though, that build looks amazing! Looking forward to seeing it all come together!

Haha, I totally didn't realize it said "Makin' Games" on it. Thanks! I've got the first couple of layers on most of the armor now. It's a very nice light red :)

I finally got some sort of build going! I got the Xcoser ODST helmet, and I have to say it's actually pretty awesome. The padding on the inside is good quality, it's pretty solid the inside you can see they used fiberglass and resin, the outside is still like a plastic? I removed the logo, the UNSC and the number 22. I believe this is a Halo Reach ODST helmet, when I compared it to my figure it is the exact helmet. But I actually really like the helmet and for someone on a budget I say go for it. I do plan on adding an attachment of some sort to the side and re tint the visor to make it dark. And of course weather and do some damage to it

Attachments

• 20190915_111905.jpg
    20190915_111905.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 298
  • 20190915_111855.jpg
    20190915_111855.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 370
  • 20190915_111841.jpg
    20190915_111841.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 380
  • 20190915_111825.jpg
    20190915_111825.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 323
  • 20190914_112815.jpg
    20190914_112815.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 368
  • 20190914_112742.jpg
    20190914_112742.jpg
    567.6 KB · Views: 353
  • 20190914_112718.jpg
    20190914_112718.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 281
  • 20190914_112710.jpg
    20190914_112710.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 327
  • 20190914_112703.jpg
    20190914_112703.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 346
Last edited:
I finally got some sort of build going! I got the Xcoser ODST helmet, and I have to say it's actually pretty awesome. The padding on the inside is good quality, it's pretty solid the inside you can see they used fiberglass and resin, the outside is still like a plastic? I removed the logo, the UNSC and the number 22. I believe this is a Halo Reach ODST helmet, when I compared it to my figure it is the exact helmet. But I actually really like the helmet and for someone on a budget I say go for it. I do plan on adding an attachment of some sort to the side and re tint the visor to make it dark. And of course weather and do some damage to it
This is awesome looking. Great work. What are you building it out of? I hope my helmet turns out this good. WOW!

I do plan on adding an attachment of some sort to the side and re tint the visor to make it dark.

I've got the same helmet and that (plus the general fogging issue) is my biggest complaint. If you figure out how to retint without destroying the visor, shoot me a PM or tag me when you have a process down, because I'll need to do it to myself as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back