Building my First Armor in 16 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindValkyrie

Hello I'm new to posting but I've been lurking for a few years now. The HCS "Halo Fest" was announced recently and I have about 16 weeks if I want to finish in time. I did technically Start in May but had to put it on hold for a month. I currently have the helmet fully printed and temporarily assembled with super glue.

20220526_073438.jpg

It was printed in 8 parts and each was about 9 hours long. only had one failure due to Feline interference
20220522_172709.jpg
20220522_183121.jpg

little brat somehow pulled the nozzle sock off without causing the print to completely fail. but I still had to reprint the left jaw piece

Here's my Reach Spartan for reference
Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection_Screenshot_2021.12.01_-_05.36.43.60.jpg

My nest step is to try plastic welding for the first time and hope I don't ruin my Friends soldering iron.

Last edited:
Hello I'm new to posting but I've been lurking for a few years now. The HCS "Halo Fest" was announced recently and I have about 16 weeks if I want to finish in time. I did technically Start in May but had to put it on hold for a month. I currently have the helmet fully printed and temporarily assembled with super glue.

View attachment 320026
It was printed in 8 parts and each was about 9 hours long. only had one failure due to Feline interference
View attachment 320027 View attachment 320029
little brat somehow pulled the nozzle sock off without causing the print to completely fail. but I still had to reprint the left jaw piece

Here's my Reach Spartan for reference
View attachment 320030

My nest step is to try plastic welding for the first time and hope I don't ruin my Friends soldering iron.
looks good :) I've found that if you have little gaps where the printing got messed up sometimes you can fill them with some sort of plastic fill that you're able to sand down after it dries.

looks good :) I've found that if you have little gaps where the printing got messed up sometimes you can fill them with some sort of plastic fill that you're able to sand down after it dries.
Thanks, and I would have tried if the piece wasn't so warped beyond saving, whole left side would have looked melted lol

I mean 8/9 successful prints isn't bad, and it wasn't even my printer's fault. it only failed because my cat messed with it.
it's acceptable if the cat did it. It was a kitty mistake, can't be mad at the kitty for too long

Great helmet. I re ommend wat hinge a YouTube video by Frankly Built that covers plastic welding. Helmet looks great! Can't wait to see the rest of the armor. Are you going to have a bionic arm too? Just kidding. Good luck spartan!

Helmet looks good. I did find that a flat tip on a soldering iron works great for cleaning up 3d prints. Along with welding. I'm sure there's other options but I found that did work

Update
Well I obviously didn't meet the deadline for myself, I was moving out of my apartment beginning of September and was between leases for almost two months. But I'm moved in to my new apartment with my Boyfriend and almost everything is unpacked now.

But back to the Armor, I was able to get everything i had printed welded together before packing it up. but i still have alot to print

Attachments

• 20221126_142442.jpg
    20221126_142442.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 80
  • 20221126_142419.jpg
    20221126_142419.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
  • 20221126_142528.jpg
    20221126_142528.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
  • 20221126_142606.jpg
    20221126_142606.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
Update
Well I obviously didn't meet the deadline for myself, I was moving out of my apartment beginning of September and was between leases for almost two months. But I'm moved in to my new apartment with my Boyfriend and almost everything is unpacked now.

But back to the Armor, I was able to get everything i had printed welded together before packing it up. but i still have alot to print
Looking good, can't wait to see it when it's painted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back