Can Someone Convert These .max Files For Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgrace2776

Hello again, and yes I seem to have lots of problems for you guys to drag me through. :)

Basically, I found those Mark V armor files I was looking for, but only in .max format. I don't have 3DS Max, and when I tried to download the demo, my dad just about had a heart attack (it's 700 mb, and he gets mad when I download anything over 100). So can someone who has Max convert this file for me? I want them in .blend files eventually, but I doubt Max can export to that, so if you could export it to an .obj or something similar (preferably not a .3ds though) I can import it from there.

EDIT: so it won't let me attach the files, so here's a link to the download: Mark V armor

Just download gmax, open up the file, save as .obj file. Unless gmax doesn't allow that anymore, then export as .3ds and it might be compatible with another modelling program (I'm fairly sure Milkshape can import .3ds files and export .obj files, if that counts for anything).

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Just download gmax, open up the file, save as .obj file. Unless gmax doesn't allow that anymore, then export as .3ds and it might be compatible with another modelling program (I'm fairly sure Milkshape can import .3ds files and export .obj files, if that counts for anything).

Hmm...I tried that, but it didn't work; gmax doesn't seem to be able to import .max files. Any other ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know anyone who uses Max.

And I use Maya, so I can't do anything with max files.

Sorry.

jgrace2776 said:
Yeah, but the files I have are .max, not .3ds.

.max is the work extension only usable by the program studio max... So you need someone with that program to export it.

rundown said:
.max is the work extension only usable by the program studio max... So you need someone with that program to export it.

Exactly!

Roadwarrior said:
Ah, okay.

Well...heheh...embarassing moment. I realized last night I already had the .obj files I needed. So thanks anyway, but I got it figured out. You'd think I would have thought to check the folder labeled "Master Chief" on my flash disk but nooo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back