Can You Mold Pepakura?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryancap97

I was wondering if you can mold pepakura and I made it a thread so that the forum can learn with me.

So can you mold pepakura once it is hardened with resin and you have used bondo?

yeah, i asked this question a week or two ago, if you were to make a mold off the Pep. item, then you would have to first harden it with resin and bondo ect so for it not to deform. then you can cat a mold off it... but the effort of the hardening and sanding of it to make the mold you may as well just go and paint the hardened pep. but thats up to you. but is short, yes, just need to harden the pep.

What do you mean? From what I understand, Pepakura is the program for creating papercraft models (which are sometimes referred to as Pepakura). If you mean can you make the armour from moulds, then yes, but that is a different type of armour development completely. You can find more here:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showforum=1

I do know that some people use their pepped armour and models as a base for their moulds, but only after resining and bondo. Is that what you mean?

Otherwise what you're suggesting is moulding the paper/card.

I'm not trying to sound rude or anything (sorry if I am), just trying to clarify what you mean.

_EDIT_

Sounds like Kaboose understood better than I did, so I guess the answer is yes.

Aside from making a cast of the outside of the Helmet after you have resined and bondoed it you can slushcast the inside with Smoothcast and remove the paper using the pep as a one time mold.

I think this person is asking can you mold armor that was made using the pepakura, fiberglass, and bondo process. The answer is yes. Go to the molded armor forums for more info on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back