Member DIN
S068
Where: Edmonton Convention Centre

When: August 5th-7th, 2022
Fri: 8:00AM - 11:59PM
Sat: 8:00AM - 11:59PM
Sun: 8:00AM - 6:00PM

Tickets: Tickets available through event website

Animethon is a Japanese Animation (“anime”) themed festival held annually in the city of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. We have expanded our focus beyond screening anime and now also include voice actor guests from North America, musical acts from North America and Japan, improvisation groups, as well as various related activities such as gaming, costume contests, and more. Animethon, as of 2004, is operated by the Alberta Society for Asian Popular Arts (ASAPA).

A poll is added for attendance estimates for planning adequate locations for meetups.

No panel is currently planned for this event however a booth has been requested. Photoshoots and meetups both inside the convention and outside for those who may not have had time to purchase tickets will be organized as the event date approaches.

Photoshoot Listing: TBA

Meetup Listing: TBA

I have the weekend off, and pending no more car troubles, I will head up from Banff probably Friday morning. Then stay at a hotel that night, and leave at the end of the day on Saturday. Am debating staying Saturday, and leaving Sunday at some point. All depends on Animethon schedule, and if anyone else that I know, might be going.

Current cosplay plans are SST and H3 Marine. Possibly also Titanfall pilot.

Well, looks like my plans for a hotel Friday night won't happen, due to budget constraints thanks to car repairs. Any chance anyone would have space for me for one night?

Well, looks like my plans for a hotel Friday night won't happen, due to budget constraints thanks to car repairs. Any chance anyone would have space for me for one night?
I have a place in camrose if you need on Friday night. About an hour south. will be going the next days on Saturday and Sunday.

I have a place in camrose if you need on Friday night. About an hour south. will be going the next days on Saturday and Sunday.
That would be great! As long as you don't mind that I would arrive till as late as 0030. All depends on if I stay for all of Friday night's concert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back