Member DIN
S068
Where: Palais des congrès

When: July 8th-10th, 2022
Fri: 2:00PM - 11:30PM
Sat: 10:30AM - 11:30PM
Sun: 10:30AM - 6:00PM

Tickets: Tickets available through event website

Montreal Comiccon is a pop-culture fan convention that showcases artists and products from entertainment genres like: Sci-fi, Horror, Anime, Gaming in all its forms, and, of course, bande dessinée and comic books. It features a large array of exhibits with several companies demonstrating their wares and a few vehicles or set pieces from film or television are on display, a shopping experience like no other, aimed at fans that are looking for games, T-Shirts, comics, toys, statues, DVDs/Blu-rays, replicas and more collector items.

Fans have the opportunity come to meet their favorite creators from the world of comics and BD, get their autographs, buy a sketch or thank them for their work. Additionally, one of the biggest draws, fans get to meet the personalities behind their favorite TV shows and movies. Celebrities participate in autograph sessions, photo opportunities and Q&As that accommodate between 700 and 2500 fans.

Fans are encouraged (but not obliged) to come dressed as their favorite pop culture characters, be they from movies, TV, video games or comics. It culminates at the Masquerade, the big costuming competition that brings in judges from across the globe, over 60 competitors, and close to 2500 fans to cheer them on when they hit the big stage.

Over the course of three days, fans are treated to over 100 different panel discussions and workshops that help further promote comics, costuming, gaming and pop culture in general. A gaming zone for fans to discover new game demos, participate in tourneys or simply enjoy some free-play. Video games are feature for both indie games and AAA studios with demos and eSports tournaments. Screenings for short and feature films are presented that include fans films, as well as independent and studio productions.

A poll is added for attendance estimates for planning adequate locations for meetups.

No panel is currently planned for this event however a booth has been requested. Photoshoots and meetups both inside the convention and outside for those who may not have had time to purchase tickets will be organized as the event date approaches.

Photoshoot Listing: TBA

Meetup Listing: TBA

I'm just gonna slide this in here!
1650987760595.png

This makes it really official!!

also if there is anyone interested in organisation milestone updates here, I can post them as we go! let me know!

New update!
Thanks to WZProps, a form has been created for anyone who desires to staff the booth, in or out of cosplay!
I am aware that most of the people who will be attending are already in the group chat of the battalion, but i will still but this out there! if you are attending montreal comic con and want to be official staff and have a discounted acces badge, send me a DM before June 24th! thanks everyone!

De plus, un formulaire en français est aussi disponible pour ceux et celle qui ne sont pas parfaitement bilingue, date limite le 24 juin pour avoir le formulaire!

Smoll appreciation post,
I think we can say that MTLCC2022 was quite a success for a first appearance. With 62000+ attendees over the course of 3 days, we've had a lot of traffic in front of our booth, educated a good number of people on what we do and even recruited a few of them as well.

This wouldn't have been possible without the work Zachary and Felipe06 put into this since the start. Big thanks as well to Schankerz and NewBrody for making the trip down and grace us with their presence and help.
Thanks to all the staff members for being such troopers and great handlers, hopefully you'll find the soreness was worth it ^^'

Here's hoping we can manage to make more appearances in the area in the future :cool:

PXL_20220709_230215617~2.jpg

received_3263486750636483~2.jpeg

PXL_20220710_194450492~2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back