Not open for further replies.

TurboCharizard

RXO and BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Stream Team
Member DIN
S068
The Frostravens are spinning up while Unggoy-elf air crews are frantically attaching the last touches of sleigh bells and lights to prepare for the holiday season, that's right, the Canadian Regiment Secret Santa is back! Sangheli-claus and all his workshop elves are very busy (as usual it seems) and require our help to spread Haloday cheer this December so come join our annual gift exchange dear Canadians!

To help organize this gift exchange, a Google form that is run by Regiment staff is linked below to fill out your contact information as well as a quick letter to Santa so that they can figure out some fun personalized items that you may like. All participants must enter their names by August 27th to be included in the pairings. Later that evening you'll receive your pairing through a message on the forum and your included email.

To make sure that everyone will have a package arriving for them in time there will be several check ins with Regiment staff to make sure you're progressing in your build. If by the second scheduled check you have not made progress or feel the need to drop out of the build, please talk to Regiment staff so that an Emergency Santa can be brought in.

Most importantly, what are the holidays without a get together? Since our country is so vast a physical meetup isn't exactly possible for most but we will create a thread for sharing images and video of everyone's parcel opening. Hopefully we can also get a video call together where we can all join in the chat and have the yule log on a TV in the background.

Calendar of Important Dates
08/27 - Santas and Children pairings are mailed out through the forums and your email.
09/10 - First Check, an idea for your build should be formed and plans started.
10/24 - Second Check, mid-build check! Things should be started and progress photos included.
11/26 - Final Check, finished photos!
11/29 - Mailing Date!
12/20 - Opening and sharing of photos!

Remember everyone, this is in no way a mandatory event! If the short timeline or cost of mailing parcels is too much of a stress on you, feel free to join in on the fun with the group chats and have a good time with the rest of the Canadian Regiment!

Any and all questions are appreciated in case I missed something in the writeup!

Check those inboxes all you Santas out there, the Unggoy-elves have managed to sort the letters into the tube mailing system with limited casualties!

The Unggoy-elves have been working hard and all addresses are out as well as trying out their new radar tracking system! Hopefully they're not going to cause too many worksite incidents this year at the North Pole.

Got a package last night...now I have to figure out how to be patient and not open it right away... o_O hahaha

The Banshee-sleigh dropped in with a heck of a gift pile from James! The box it came in was overflowing with so many Halo goodies I was unwrapping stuff for five minutes. There's so many toys, dog tags, custom placards, VIP passes and just fun things that I almost need a display wall for all of it.
1640128153225.png

Also the resin skull and plinth are so cool. I need to find a permanent place of honour for this thing as opposed to on top of my PC.
1640128283471.png

Thank you again James for all these cool custom things. I had the biggest smile opening the parcel last night!

The Banshee-sleigh dropped in with a heck of a gift pile from James! The box it came in was overflowing with so many Halo goodies I was unwrapping stuff for five minutes. There's so many toys, dog tags, custom placards, VIP passes and just fun things that I almost need a display wall for all of it.

Also the resin skull and plinth are so cool. I need to find a permanent place of honour for this thing as opposed to on top of my PC.

Thank you again James for all these cool custom things. I had the biggest smile opening the parcel last night!
I'm so glad you like it all. I was super nervous about anything I made knowing who it was going to. :D

Not to be out-done of course, Mr. TurboCharizard sent me this incredible Grenade Launcher. I wander my house with it now, unable to sit still...
The detail is incredible...these photos don't do it justice

20211220_212403.jpg

And the break-action! Omg...
20211220_212513.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back