Canadian Spartan Made (jedi Fraz High Def Helm Completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update time:

Here are pictures of my Halo 3 gauntlets:

img5877xe2.jpg

img5878ia0.jpg

img5879bg0.jpg

img5880aw5.jpg

img5881io4.jpg

Odd, it seemed to take this one a micro second compared to the helmet but that just goes to show you that it does get easier (bondo and fiberglass i mean).

As the gauntlets were rotating on the wind chime i tried to snap pics of them, kinda fun that way.

These gauntlets came from a high def package found in the wiki but instead of using the high def ones i went with the testers (which I would not recommend for anything other than gauntlets). This is because after I made the high def i looked at them and said that they would be impossible to bondo so I just spent the extra few minutes cutting the circles and weird shape in using a dremel.

Are you joking? no reply's = triple post.... *sad face*

Anyway, here is an assault rifle update: The one on the right is the regular size (I don't remember where I got this file but its beautiful :) ) while the one on the right is 9/10 as big. Once I made the first one it just felt awkward and a bit too bulky so I scaled down a touch and remade it. The regular size was....28 while the one i'm comfortable with is a size 25 (btw i'm 5'10'')

img5882kq8.jpg

img5885tv9.jpg

Bad assault rifle:

bigassaultrifleou8.png

Good assault rifle:

goodassaultriflefq2.png

After making the first one i made some changes to the pep file just moving some pieces and deleting others that made the second gun easier to make.

*EDIT* I was looking around in an attempt to find the assault rifle but i couldn't, all I know is that it is not FS simplified assault rifle. The one I used was labeled as high def.

The hand plates look good. I like the wind chime! The AR looks very good also. Keep up the great work.

Garzak said:
Keep going man you got amazing skill and your Canadien (y)

Pat

Hahahah thanks. From your post it sounds almost like Canadians don't have skillz, but I know what you mean mate. Its great to be Canadian, not that i've ever been anything else so I don't exactly have something to compare it with.

Garland said:
I think that's my file.

Did you build it without numbers? It looks great. Keep up the good work.

It might be your file but i'm not exactly sure. No, I built it with numbers...lots and lots of numbers. I think that the highest edge number was 611 glad to have them done though.

Hey, I downloaded the files found in the link at the bottom of your sig and yes they are your files. Excellent work! By far the best pep i'ved worked with yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a link for the HD version of the Assault Rifle Pepakura, because I dont find this version. The only version I have is Low Res !

blackshield77 said:
Do you have a link for the HD version of the Assault Rifle Pepakura, because I dont find this version. The only version I have is Low Res !

Yeah, there is a link in Garland's post (at the bottom of his signature). In that link there is a great wealth of pep files near the bottom of which is the assault rifle that I just put together.

Alrighty, another update this time both gauntlets and assault rifle. Later this afternoon i finished up priming with some 600 grit paper, washed off the handplates then painted them green (i'm going for the same look as my MC helm). Here are some pictures. Its not completely smooth on the deeper details but like the MC helm i'm sure that the black wash will cover it up....at least i hope so.

img5892ex4.jpg

img5893do2.jpg

Here is a pic of the half resined assault rifle, I plan on using some casting rubber/resin to solidify the inside (not solid but just enough to give its some structural integrity). Now it warped a bit but i'm sure that I can fix that during the bondo stage.

img5894qk6.jpg

One picture of the toxic materials i'm using during the creation of my armour:

img5890od7.jpg

MexicanVendetta said:
Nice your working pretty fast!! and thanks for posting all that info on the first page that really helped me :)

Thanks : ), I just outlined the problems that I had. I'm sure that many other people looked at it and said "what was he thinking doing that thing" but if it prevents screwups then I'm glad to help.

Rofl, I agree, your avatar is the best ever. I was watching it for about 2 minutes expecting some animation to play but I guess not. Tricky, devious Spartan lol.

The handplates and the AR are both looking very nice. You're making more progress than I am! Keep it up.

*Gauntlet Update*

Here are the gauntlets after 3 coats of primer, 3 coats of green, blackwash, and simple spray of green. !!!Notice!!! I put some comparison pictures to show the difference the light spray of green makes after the blackwash. It is key since you want the armour to be dominantly green, not black with flecks of green.

These first pictures are just the black wash with the gauntlets resting against the MC helm for a comparison:

img5895it2.jpg

img5896pn4.jpg

img5897ve6.jpg

img5898zj7.jpg

One gauntlet lightly sprayed with green while the other one is not:

img5899si2.jpg

img5900mk5.jpg

Both sprayed green compared against the helmet:

img5901ua5.jpg

img5902ff0.jpg

The light spray really puts your focus on the green while still leaving the black weathering damage. I'll probably brush the silver on in a couple hours.

Painting on gauntlets is now finished, actually it was finished the same day as my other post but I didn't get around to posting pics of the finished project. Here you go:

img5908lv5.jpg

img5907bo8.jpg

Also, here are some pictures of my assault rifle. There is a topic around here somewhere that gives advice and tips on using expanding foam for filling in enclosed pep structures, but unfortunately I didn't read it before using my foam. First of all I resined the outside of the rifle, then I was planning on purchasing some casting resin to slosh around on the inside but after I wasn't able to find any I just made some massive batches of thin rondo (Bondo mixed with Resin) and poured it in. There are 3 holes in the rifle (where the clip goes, the LCD display, and the barrel). These are where I poured in the rondo. After this step the rifle did have a bit of structure. Then yesterday I totally filled the whole thing up with expanding insulation foam to give it more structure (read the tips and tricks of this technique HERE ). This is the result so far. The next step is to smooth the outside and then carve detail in using a dremel tool. Unfortunately I'm afraid its gonna snow soon! and so I won't be able to continue work for the rest of the winter (stupid Canadian winters >:0). If I don't get all the detail in by haloween then i'll just spray it all black (like i did to a red door once) and use it as a low detail prop in my costume.

img5909dh4.jpg

Hmmm...just looking at this picture it does look like its warped quite a bit....*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back