Cannot Open Pdo Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheezeburger

I have had a problem with not being able to open PDO files with the Pepakura Designer 3. I think it has something to do with my computer because when I try opening the file, an error message pops up saying that the file format is not supported. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I have searched for days for a solution, but have not been able to find one... This has frustrated me to no end. Can someone help me with this problem?

It might be because the file could have been done in a newer version of Pepakura Designer but your version is not updated.

i have the same problem it was working fine before then i tried to use a t-51b pdo and everyone one i try toopen says the same thing and now nothing works for pep.

ureeka said:
you need to associate the PDO file extension with the pepakura program.

Hmm...i think that may be my problem. Are there any stickies that you know of that will tell me how to do that? Thanks for the help :)

Last edited by a moderator:
are you trying to open it by just dbbl clicking on the file? if so Did you try opening it through pep designer?

I have just the opposite problem, I can ONLY open pdo.'s... But I do think it's an incompatibility. does anyone know if you can still download pep version 2?

Roadwarrior said:
are you trying to open it by just dbbl clicking on the file? if so Did you try opening it through pep designer?

I tried double-clicking the image and got the error message. I also tried opening it with Pep but the file wont show up in the "open" menu. All that shows, is the samples that come with the download of Pep.

To associate a file with a specific program, in this case, associated and .PDO to pepakura you'll want to right click the .PDO -> click the change button next to "Opens with:" and select the Pepakura program from that list -> click OK -> Click Apply. That will assign all .PDO's to open with Pepakura on double-clicking them.

Cheers,

Kensai

Cheezebuger said:
I tried double-clicking the image and got the error message. I also tried opening it with Pep but the file wont show up in the "open" menu. All that shows, is the samples that come with the download of Pep.

Did you try going to the file directory witch you downloaded the file in, in the open menu?

Roadwarrior said:
Did you try going to the file directory witch you downloaded the file in, in the open menu?

Yes, I tried making a folder with the pep files in it, but when I open Pep, it does not show in the list of files I am able to open. I tried saving the file to my desktop and dragging it to the Pep program but even then, no image shows up

Cheezebuger said:
Yes, I tried making a folder with the pep files in it, but when I open Pep, it does not show in the list of files I am able to open. I tried saving the file to my desktop and dragging it to the Pep program but even then, no image shows up

Ah, wait, I figured it out now! I finaly got it open. Thanks everyone for the help! :D

ok if have a file that is a rar file and it wont pull up in pepakura designer. how can i change it so it will show up

So, I just updated my Pepakura to 4 and when I try to open up files, with the exception of a few, a notice comes up that says: Pepakura Viewer 4 "Failed to open a file."

Is it because the other files are older? And, if so then how do I open them?

So, I just updated my Pepakura to 4 and when I try to open up files, with the exception of a few, a notice comes up that says: Pepakura Viewer 4 "Failed to open a file."

Is it because the other files are older? And, if so then how do I open them?

Welcome to the 405th.

Before we begin, it's important that you make sure to check the date of the last post before entering your own - generally speaking, if a thread has been inactive for more than a few months, please consider leaving it alone unless the content you're going to post is absolutely essential. This ensures that only current, relevant threads are kept at the top of the forums, and that dead threads are pushed down and away where they belong.

As for answering your question: it's likely due to the files being older, although I'm surprised as to why Pepakura 4 hasn't sorted out backwards compatibility for files that use older versions of the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back