Captian America's Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfshui

Jr Member
I have started on this as my first major project with fiberglass, and bondo, i made a 30" diamiter form, then made close to 2 dozen braces to make the arch of the dome. I then streched fabric across that, and then also tinfoil for a base to try to hold the form. From there i laminated several sheets of paper on top of one another, spread resin over that, and now bondo.

attachment.php?attachmentid=40807&d=1264475463.jpg

You can still see a little bit of understructure right now, but i plan on sanding and adding more bondo to smooth it out.

Thoughts, Questions, Concerns?

I feel like a failure at being a nerd an not knowing about that... but with all said, this is my first try at using fiberglass and bondo, so i wanted something easy that i would still love to have.

Looks good so far man I'm going to start watching this topic. I think the only bad thing about this though is that if you use the shield and go to one of the cons or something dressed up as Captian America you have to be like super buff to pull it off:)

right, so project number two is get in shape, but since that isnt going to be as easy, we will see if i ever get to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back