Car Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, sence I got my new car I need some bass. All I am looking for is a 12" and an AMP.

Only problem is I have no idea how to do all the wiring/install, so I figured why no ask the 405.
Anybody know how, or if you've got a sweet sound system show it off lol. Chances are I'm going for walmart brand. My cousin has some Xplods and they sound pretty decent for being 60 bucks lol.

I have my 95 Civic 4 door, so there's a decent amount of room :)

Are you comfortable under the hood and taking apart the dashboard to "hide" the wiring?

Head to wallmart. You need an amp, speaker box, and wiring kit. The amp and wiring kit are ok from wally for the most part, but their speaker selections always suck. The only bad thing I have to say about wallmart amps is they have a tendancy to really overheat under even a normal load.

If you need more help, I suggest asking around local so they can show you hands on. Do you have an car audio shop in your town? There may be a bulletin board of contacts there... or at least a decent source of good advice about brands.

Get the pros to do it. Otherwise you'll be killing your battery (not not hooking up the ignition wire or something)

Just let a pro do it.

Put it in the trunk.

I'm not a professional, but I've done this before.

The power wire needs to get to the battery somehow, and the RCA cables need to get to the stereo.

Just above your passenger's feet, there is a rubber grommet with wires going through to the engine bay. Cram the power cable in there, but do it carefully, that bundle of wires is important.

Depending on the "stock" speaker setup in your car, and also the amp (2 channel/4 channel etc.), the rest of the setup is pretty easy once you know where you want the wires to go.

I sent wires through the back seat (between back/butt cushions), underneath the door trim (I didn't have to unscrew anything, but you can), underneath the dashboard, to the stereo. You will need to find a bolt or other piece of metal to attach the ground.

I know it's not too detailed, but your amp will come with instructions. Hope this helps, and make sure you have at least 16 feet RCA cables. Running cable a second time is a pain.

There are tons of car audio forums that may provide more exact instructions on the best way to do this. Use a search engine to find them.

Thanks dungbeetle!

I know a few things about wiring, and its rough. We bought a junker s10 and the previous owner had a sound system in it. The wiring job on it was horrible. I'll take a look around Walmart and Bestbuy sometime this week hopefully and look at what all they have.

I know they have everything, but I just want to make sure I get the right things. Thanks guys for helping me out on this. If anything I can get my cousins to help me while their in town. They know how to do it :lol:

Peace

Installing a sub and amp in a car is like taking cake away from Linsey Lohan. Super easy.

I could give you a step by step but I'm sure you can find tons of info on google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back