Cardboard armor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan 224

Yesterday i was trying to start my cardboard armor, but is really hard without pics or help, so, Can somebody tell me some tips about this technique???

thanks

yeah, but tahts norçt really helpful, need somebody to tell me some tips or a tutorial with descriptions of the method

Spartan-224 said:
yeah, but tahts norçt really helpful, need somebody to tell me some tips or a tutorial with descriptions of the method
thank you somone else who thinks we need new tuts
:eek :eek :eek

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, you just have to be patient. we do have some tutorials in the making right now so ya just gotta sit tight. If you have any more specific questions we'd be glad to help you out. It's just that "how do you make mjolnir armor?" is WAY too general.

EDIT: some better questions may be things like "how should i strap the armor onto my body?" or "how should I make the helmet visor so it's 3d?"

Spartan-224 said:

as far as tips go, first thing you gotta do is find as many high-res pics as you can, varying in angle. try going for one piece at a time and i'd suggest not starting with the helmet. just go to the bungie site or google image search and try to find every leg picture you can. then arm, boot, hand, back, cod...

next you gotta start cutting some cardboard. seach the site to find some help on sizing etc.

Warning: you will not make a good piece on the first try. no one does. this will take a lot of deterniation and starting over and over.

hope this helps :lindsey:

Last edited by a moderator:
if i was you guys i would make a out line drawing of the armor then cut it out onto the cardboard. so start off with a base so you can build up on that base till you get the shape you want. if you know how to use fiberglass resin brush that on the cardboard let it soak in so it can be sanded if needs to.....start with one part of the armor first so you wont get overwhelm...like red said you will miss up but dont give up
plus posterboard is a good material to use on the curves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back