Cardboard Armor ... HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PyroPenguins

I'm planning to make my own Mjolnir armor for Halloween, but I am still in highschool and therefore have limited time and resources.
I decided to use cardboard and paper mache to make my armor, because it's cheaper, but I'm a little lost as to how to make it happen.

What should I do to start?
What is the best way to structure more complicated pieces like the chest and helmet with cardboard?

AND
My n00b question, how do you get the individual armor pieces to stay on over the body armor?
If they slip on, I'd imagine that the pieces would slide off while wearing the armor.
Do I have to attatch it to the underarmor somehow?

Most people use straps to attatch their armour to the underarmour. I suggest making your armour with Pepakura, not cardboard. It'd look better with Fiberglassed pep than carboard in my opinion, I'm sure you can finish it, even with highschool. Highschool is only from the morning to the afternoon, you've got the rest of the afternoon and a whole night to work on the suit.

My only problem with pep. and fiberglass is the fact that I only have cardboard to work with (I will not be able to use fiberglass because my parents have dropped the big "NO")

I've spent quite a while reading these forums for help on how to structure the cardboard, and none of the posts are very specific.

Thanks for the underarmor tip!

PyroPenguins said:
My only problem with pep. and fiberglass is the fact that I only have cardboard to work with (I will not be able to use fiberglass because my parents have dropped the big "NO")

I've spent quite a while reading these forums for help on how to structure the cardboard, and none of the posts are very specific.

Thanks for the underarmor tip!
I think that this is where people fail when making paper armor. I see everyone in these threads go out and buy under armor when models of the chief show an actual detailed armor pattern joining all the other pieces together. You just have to be creative and consider your own bodies dimensions when thinking about how to piece everything together. Right now I have the lower leg and thigh pieces connected together using suspenders that wrap over my shoulder. The arms and shoulder guards are attached to the chest piece. This setup is what works best for me so I don't know how it would work for you. Maybe I'll post pictures but in the end, all the details are there for you to create something that looks really good and fits together comfortably.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back