Cardstock Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seno Ypsamee

About how long/wide/high is a piece of cardstock?

An easier way of answering would be to tell me if there is any way to see what kind of paper your printer can handle?

I need to know because I talked my sister into taking me to Walmart, so I don't want to go waist money on paper I cannot even use...

(BTW, my printer is a Canon S530D, if that helps any)

Carstock is standard letter sized paper. However something Ive noticed is with the white cardstock the resin doesnt like to soak into it as well as the tan stuff does.

drgon47 said:
Carstock is standard letter sized paper. However something Ive noticed is with the white cardstock the resin doesnt like to soak into it as well as the tan stuff does.

So... if it is the same as standard letter, is is just the materials used to makeit different causing it to be heavier and have a better hold?

Last edited by a moderator:
Card stock is sturdier material, and it holds up to the resin process, much much better than paper, which, pretty much turns into "mush".

When you go to Walmart, you will see Packages of what looks like paper but slightly more expensive, labeled as "Card Stock", same size as regular paper, 8 1/2" X 11"

Spase said:
Card stock is sturdier material, and it holds up to the resin process, much much better than paper, which, pretty much turns into "mush".

When you go to Walmart, you will see Packages of what looks like paper but slightly more expensive, labeled as "Card Stock", same size as regular paper, 8 1/2" X 11"

well, I will not be going until tomorrow, but what colors seem to hold up better during the resin process?

dont go to walmart
i tried it and they didnt have any
so i went to staples
and got some for 11 bucks 250 sheets 110 pound

johnny said:
dont go to walmart
i tried it and they didnt have any
so i went to staples
and got some for 11 bucks 250 sheets 110 pound
I know mine has it, my teacher said she got her's from there ;)

Ive only used the White and Tan, and the tan seemed to soak up the resin better. The white paper had some sort of glossy finish and the resin just kinda stayed runny and dripped everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back